Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in California

I am interested in purchasing probate property. If my offer is accepted and a court date is set 20-45 days

Asked by Lisa, California Tue Mar 24, 2009

away, when is the home inspection and appraisal done? How long is escrow with court confirmation?

Answers

3
The time to remove your contingencies should begin when the utilities are on. The C.A.R. Purchase Agreement states gas, water and electricity must be on for Buyer's investigations. No home inspection will be complete without such. It is typical and frustrating that many listing agents and sellers do not comply with this contract obligation. Good luck on your purchase.
Hi Lisa,

You will want to have your buyer's agent do all of the comparables to be sure of the property's value before you go to court and the property potentially goes into multiple bids. Probate sales are "as is" sales and there are no repairs or contingencies. If you are going to do inspections you will want to do them before you have an accepted offer in court. Yes, there is a chance you will be overbid in court, but you will want to know more about the property before there are surprises if you're the successful bidder.

I am experienced at these type of sales and I'm always available for any questions you have.

Grant Linscott
323.333.6222 Cell
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
Lisa you won't have any inspections or appraisals done until after the court date. Usually the investors will show up to court and out bid your offer. Ask the agent if this has court confirmation, if not then you might have a greater chance. Didn't your agent explain this to you? If not you should go back to him/her and have them explain probates in detail.

Good Luck,
Dyanna