asyamagnus, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

I am interested in purchasing in 1655 Flatbush Ave. There are a lot of people trying to sell. Is there a problem with this coop? How can I find out?

Asked by asyamagnus, Brooklyn, NY Sat Jul 6, 2013

Answers

4
Dear asyamagnus:

That is a really nice building. They have a 24 hour doorman, private outdoor in ground swimming pool and kids pool and playgrounds. The location is an easy commute to the city and close to all kinds of shopping and eats. The most important thing to consider when purchasing a co-op is that the building is in good financial condition. The way you determine if the financials are good would be to have your accountant of attorney review the co-ops financials (unless you know how to read those things yourself). While you are at it you should also review the offering plan book if there is one and the house rules.

Also keep in mind that when you purchase a co-op you have to go through an approval process where they check and verify your income, assets, debt and credit report. They also do a back round check.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 6, 2013
Keep in mind that people move for a variety of reasons. Consider asking management any questions, and if possible chat with current residents....
It is 635 units. In the Philip Howard and the values are going up. I live in the building and I brought the buyer to the highest sale in the building. I am selling a renovated one bedroom in the building.

Hakim Edwards
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Halstead Brooklyn
76 7th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Mobile: (347) 489-2247
Office:   (718) 613-2034
Fax:       (646) 472-7690
E-Mail: hedwards@halstead.com 
Webpage: http://www.halstead.com/real-estate-agent/hakim-edwards
There are about 640 units in the building, so having 10 or so on the market isn't necessarily a sign of any problems.

I used to work with Karma Wilkinson - she is an expert in the building! Try looking her up. She is at Douglas Elliman now.