Home Buying in La Quinta>Question Details

Abby, Home Buyer in La Quinta, CA

I am interested in purchasing a vacation home in Indio to rent out for most of the year. How important is it to be on a golf course?

Asked by Abby, La Quinta, CA Sat Mar 26, 2011

Answers

8
Abby I think if your a golfer and would want to golf when you are using the property than being on a golf course may be the way to go. However, you stated that the home would be rented out most of the year, I guess there would be a couple of question you would need to ask yourself prior to your purchase, 1. What is your budget? 2. Do you want to be in a HOA community? 3. Would you rent the home long-term or short-term? 4. What are you looking to get out of your rental property? etc..... Keep in mind the Coachella Valley is filled with lots of public courses and courses that offer great summer rates even if you don't live in the community. Good Luck I hope you find the perfect property that works for your needs.
Jessica Vela
(760) 473-2896
Power Brokers International
Ive been very successful renting my home, not on the golf course, but close to it and also close to other attractions. More important are the number of bedrooms, because vacation renters except luxury rentals, often use them to save money. So they have four -8 people stay there. Of course being on the golf course will help, as your only other choice is to compete with upgrades and furnishings, which I do.
Garrigus is absolutely right. The only other attraction is sitting in a pool sipping a pina coloda or vegetating in an air conditioned environ in front of your computer or the tube unless you're a shop until you dropaholic.
As a vacation rental that you plan on renting by short periods of time, I would say its very important. Think about this, golf is the main vacation attraction that this area has to offer.
I have the perfect property for you. It is in Indian Palms Country Club on the 5th fairway, 2 bedroom 1024 sf. $72,900 - that's right! Clsoe to the Polo Fields, so if you are doing a seasonal rental it is next to the Coachella Fest concert area and Stagecoach. There are also year round renters in the same community. Email me at eschulze@msn.com for more information on the listing.
Hi Abby,

Yes, being on a golf course is a plus. However, have you thought about properties in La Quinta as well? What is your price point and I'll be able to direct to what I consider some fantastic opportunities?

Kathleen O'Keefe
HK Lane Real Estate
760-567-822
okeefe.kathleen@gmail.com
Very important unless you have a beach front home as a second choice
Hi Abby:

I don't think being on a golf course is terribly important because there are a variety of other reasons that
people rent here. As a golfer myself, I can tell you that there are many courses here that are offering great deals
recently. It's nice for our visitors to have options because there are all different skill levels. If you would like further details or if I can answer any other questions, please feel free to call or e-mail me.
E-mail: dmahoney@kw.com or call (760) 238-6334.
Dan Mahoney