Home Buying in Vallejo>Question Details

victorhidalg…, Home Buyer in Vallejo, CA

I am interested in purchasing a 3/2 single family with a garage in Vallejo, however, I am currently going through a bankruptcy (filed 092812).

Asked by victorhidalgo2, Vallejo, CA Thu Oct 25, 2012

My wife currently has a FICO above 720 and I want to get the process started but I am hearing conflicting information. Does my bankruptcy affect looking and qualifying for a home loan now that I am in bankruptcy? Can she get a loan on her own? We are expecting with a due date in December 2012. Any info is appreciated. Direct loan officer or program information is welcome. Thank you, and have a great day.

My direct email is victorhidalgo2@yahoo.com

Victor Hidalgo

Answers

3
Typically it's 2 years after a BK discharge date. If you send me your contact phone # I can have a lender call to see if your wife will qualify for both of you.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
You should speak with a lender regarding this however if your wife is also part of the bankruptcy filing you all will most likely not be able to get a loan. If she is not filing the bankruptcy with you and has high enough income she could check on getting the loan based on her income and credit alone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 25, 2012
I have heard conflicting things with California being a community property state...I used to live in Florida by the way...from Miami to Orlando...My wife in my opinion makes enough alone upwards of 65k.
Flag Thu Oct 25, 2012
If you own a home now it will be 2 years and one month after the disposition of your home for a VA Purchase or 3 years for FHA. Going conventional should be 2-3 years as well. So even though it used to be 2 years from the BK discharge (which it is if you did not own a home) - however, if you did own your home and short sold it or it was foreclosed the clock starts ticking after your home changes hands to new buyer or back to bank.

Lending requirements change frequently so contact me for a great lender when you are about ready. Kathy (707)280-5753