Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Mindc, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

I am interested in purchasing a short sale condo in DC. I need to hire a real estate agent with short sale buyer experience--do you know anyone?

Asked by Mindc, Washington, DC Tue Sep 7, 2010

Answers

14
I recommend someone with an SFR, interview them...these purchases are tricky.
Short sale transactions are very complicated and very lengthy.if I were you, I would make sure you get an agent who closed at least 6 short sale transaction in the last 12 months.
I would also tell you that short sale listings with 2 Loans are twice difficulty to settle.

--
Zaza Pasori | PenFed Realty
2722 Connecticut Ave NW # 72 Washington, DC 20008
T. 202-412-5221 F. 703-716-0017
http://www.penfedrealty.com

Equal Housing Opportunity
Robert Crawford at Hounshell Real Estate. Trustworthy, professional and results-oriented. Easy to work with and experienced with short sales.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010
On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your question and look forward to discussing the tremendous opportunity we can provide as you search for your dream home!

Our most recent transaction is a short sale condo on 12th St NW in Old City, and our happy clients are willing to share their experience with you.

So before you buy - or go visit any properties - talk to us - on average our clients get more than $10,000 cash back due to our unique CondoDomain.com rebate program!

As your new home search partner, we are in business of listening for and reliably delivering that which makes real difference in what buyers are dealing with and what they really care about.

Please visit our site below to get started:

CondoDomain
Smart Agents - Smarter Clients
Ask how the CASH REFUND works - you will be glad you did!
____________________________
Anna Zillow
Vice President - Washington DC
Office: 877.852.6636
Fax: 866.280.6232
Cell: 202.577.7002
Email: anna@CondoDomain.com
Web Reference: http://dc.condodomain.com/
Hi Mindc-

I have over 15 years of experience in the greater Washington DC area as a real estate investor and agent. I have purchased short sales and have assisted many clients in the process. Please contact me to discuss the pros and cons of purchasing short sales. I would be happy to assist you.

Jill
Web Reference: http://www.dcdwell.com
Mindc,

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. It's a great time to buy in the city, rates are still VERY low and prices are stable in most sections of the city and rising in some. I am NOT a realtor and wanted to give you a few names of excellent short sale realtors. I m NOT attempting to earn your business as you didn't ask for mortgage advice. Of course I would be happy to discuss with you. Nothing wrong with self promotion of the other answers but this is more of a referral. I know two DC agents both are very good in my opinion. I have worked with hundreds of agents over the years and have seen the good and the bad. If you would like to speak to one or both of them just contact me at bmendelson@monarchmtg.com and I will connect you. I believe you should interview three agents and three mortgage professionals as well. Just let me know how I can help.
Hi Mindc:

I have a lot of experience in assisting Buyers and Sellers in short sale transactions. I can guide you through the process of purchasing a short sale property in D.C. and can guarantee you that there won't ever be a time when you'll have questions that won't be answered about the process. And, just to get you started, I'll place you on a service that I offer my clients that will allow you to see not only active properties that meet your criteria, but you'll also see sold properties (with their selling prices) so that you become educated very quickly as to selling prices and activity in any given area.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Jamie Flournoy
Broker,
Assist-2-Sell
(240) 912-7636
jflournoy@assist2sell.com
Hi Mindc,
I have represented/helped buyers successfully purchase short sale properties and would be happy to talk to you. It is really crucial that you work with an experienced agent who will give you priority treatment, fully explain what you can expect in a short sale purchase, negotiate the best terms for you once you have found the right condo, and most importantly, keep actively engaged to make sure any problems or delays, which are inherent in a short sale, are dealt with quickly and effectively. Have you already identified a short sale property you want to buy? Another option you may want to consider is bank owned properties (REOs) which offer a bit more certainty and are also usually priced below market value.

Give me a call (202-491-5220) or send an email Juliet@longandfoster.com to discuss further.

Juliet
Call Dee-Dee Thompson, The Queen of Real Estate....@ 202-476-9688. I will be happy to promptly assist you.
I say interview at least 3 Realtors & get references. I alone have closed over 10 short sales within the last year on both the seller & buyers side. You need to be well educated on where the process is & if it's started or not. Sometimes you'll find that a property is listed but the process hasn't started which will make for a lengthy process if the listing agents isn't experienced. Check out my website http://www.DamonTheAgent.com & Also read some of my testimonies on my website & on Homes.com. I hope that you chose me but better yet I hope that you get the best agent at the best price for you.

I am an experienced short sale agent. I am certified as a short sale and foreclose resource specialist. I can help navigate you through the process. Please contact me for more information. It would be my pleasure to assist you. 301-237-1756.

Zondre Morris, SFR
we've completed over 400 short sale deals in the last few years, on both sides of the aisle. I have around 60 short sale deals in the works now.........typically for buyers, we will insist that we act as negotiator in lieu of the listing agent, who generally doesn't know what they're doing or how to get an approval when challenges arise (and they do on pretty much every deal). Feel free to call if you like for a free consult.

Brian Gormley, Esq.
443.739.7993
MinDC -- I'd be happy to assist. My team has done over 15 short sales in past 2 years.

That said, there are a lot of hidden 'cons' to short-sale transactions that most individuals don't know about. I'd be happy to talk to you about these little known facts. it can be a jungle, so you want to make sure you have the right professional agent walking you through the process.
I'd be more than happy to help! Take a look at my website.
Web Reference: http://www.jimmccowan.com