Home Buying in Dubuque>Question Details

Jennyp, Home Buyer in Dubuque, IA

I am interested in purchasing a house with a streamline 203k loan

Asked by Jennyp, Dubuque, IA Wed Apr 29, 2009

I have done a lot of research, have a signed purchase agreement, and have contacted a Wells Fargo representative that specializes in this area...however today I found some more information that is a little depressing! See the house we want to purchase has been vacant for almost 5 years and is in major need of repairs, the information I came across today states that in order to qualify for this type of loan the property cannot be vacant for more than 30 days! Are we completely out of the ball game now or is there another option? PS this is our dream home : )

Answers

1
Not sure which home you are looking at - I live in Dubuque and am trying to sell a home and I think I know which one you are looking at - I work at a credit union that does a lot of lending - infact one of the highest volumes in Dubuque - if you need information regarding a contact let me know.