Home Buying in Lake Nona>Question Details

Kamisha Mayn…, Both Buyer and Seller in Birmingham, AL

I am interested in purchasing a home in the Lake Nona area.

Asked by Kamisha Maynard, Birmingham, AL Wed May 14, 2008

Can anyone tell me if the proximity to the airport has been a problem for residents. I am thinking of the constant noise of aircraft. The community itself appears very family oriented and first class. My family will be relocating from Alabama to the Orlando area. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Anything about other great communities will also be appreciated.

Answers

21
You will not have any problems with airport noise in Lake Nona. The flight paths do not go over the area, you won't hear a thing there. They wouldn't build a first class golf community with multimillion dollar homes there if they could hear constant jet noise.

One of the most popular communities in the Lake Nona Area is Northlake Park with a New Urbanism style to the homes, parks everywhere, an elementary school and YMCA right in the middle of the community too. I specailize in this area specifically and can answer just about any of your questions.

What exactly where you looking for in a home and in an area? Lake Nona is pretty unique in Location, but there are several other communities throughout CFL that have similar looks and feel.
Web Reference: http://www.gregtraub.com
Hi Kamisha,

The Lake Nona area is a great place to invest in and would be an excellent choice. However, a few agents have written that you can't hear planes or that noise is non-existent. That is not true. You won't notice the noise when you are inside, but sometimes you will when you are outside, especially when the 747's come in from Europe. That said, I've never heard that it's a big problem as there is a rotation system in place so you don't get it everyday and there are no flights at night. (I lived near Heathrow Airport in London during the days of Concorde. Now that was some serious airport noise!)

If you are looking for a great family community then please check out Harmony. It's about 20 minutes away from Lake Nona in Osceola County. Kids are able to walk to school from Kindergarden to 12th grade.

Good Luck,
Mark LeMenager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
Hello, I am a Realtor and also live by Lake Nona on the eastside of the Airport. I am not at all disturbed by the planes, in fact I never even hear them. There are some great properties in the area, if you would like I would be happy to send you some property listings to preview. Please contact me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
Thanks for all of your input. Our family has been able to find a home in the Orlando area.
Kamisha
Hello Kamisha,
I live in the Lake Nona area and specialize in the LAKE NONA area real estate market,also I was born and raised in Orlando my whole life.IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE to answer all your questions about the Lake Nona area real estate market and other great communities Central Florida.Have a blessed day!

Carolyn Hamm-'REMAX HALL OF FAME",ePRO,Certified Distressed Property Expert
Remax properties SW(Lake Nona area office)
407-496-9617 Cell#
http://www.sellinghomes@carolynhamm.com
The Lake Nona area while close to the airport is not as "seasoned" of a community as Celebration is.
Celebration has top schools, 17 minute drive to the airport via the 417 Greenway with out the plane noise.
Many of our residents communte during the week to other areas and use the airport quite often.
Celebration has top schools, planned community activities, several play grounds and pools,a downtown shopping area with great restaurants and a movie theatre.
Every Sunday you can ride your bike down to the farmers market and pick up fresh produce.
I can even show you the best place to catch bass in our many lakes in town.
Did you know in Celebration you can get a home for as low as $110 per square foot?
I just saw a home yesterday with 4 br/ 3.5 ba and a garage apt or granny flat.
$416K.

WOW....

What budget are you setting aside for your home purchase?
I handle rentals in Celebration as well if that is your thing..........
Please visit my web site and contact me with any Celebration questions.
I have lived and worked in Celebration for 10 years.
Have an outstanding day

Google "Celebration Real Estate"

Robert
Wren, if you'd ever been to Lake Nona you'd know that there are no lake properties there. It's just the name of the area. Anyway thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Mark
I previously lived there and inside the homes you don't notice it at all... When you outside it's only druing the day hours the plans fly over at night they take a different path.
I have many friends that work at or live by the airport. I'm sure that the responses on the airport noise issue can go both ways. The Lake Nona area has communities from all price ranges into the millions. This area is thriving with new construction. Try searching zip codes 32827 and 32832 from my web site to see what you find.
One of the best Lake Nona communities is Village Walk at Lake Nona.
We have several clients in that community and the air traffic noise is non-existent.
Read more http://www.orlandorentals.cc/address.php?property_ID=6866
Stop Looking I have what you need,At exelent Price.
407-208-9796
You have chosen the best area to invest in Orlando, FL. Like everyone else has said in the previous posts. It is an up and coming area with the greatest potential in Orlando to appreciate in the next coming years. By the way, you can't here the planes at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Lake Nona the flight path is DIRECTLY over the new medical school, Burnham, VA, Biomedical Sciences buildings, etc.. Landings did not seem to cause a problem with noise. Take offs will be noisy but the new buildings wll hopefully be well insulated for sound.
The residential neighborhoods are way off to the side of the airport and will have actually NO planes overhead so will be much better. Hey if you do not like noise, then do not move to a city or metropolitan area!
There are several nice communities in the area. Live Oak Estates boasts mostly 1ac homesites with homes price from +/- $400k to +/-$900k. If airport noise is a concern, this community is a little farther east and away from the airport. This area is expected to see some higher demand with the new UCF medical school, Nemours and Burman being added to the area over the next couple years. Let me know if I can show you these homes.

Rick
rtressler@tcatrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.tcatrealty.com
kmisha,
There are plenty of opportunities out there for today's buyers. If you are still deciding on a general location to settle in with your family we suggest a vacation that allows you the flexibility to travel to different regions of the state to get a feel for what they have to offer.
Florida has some great coastal appeal that does not come with a high risk of tropical storm activity, specifically the Sarasota/Venice location.
On the east coast we recommend the area general Vero Beach location.
We would be happy to provide additional information upon your request.
The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and Associates
ecklerteam@comcast.net
941-408-5363
Kmisha,
Lake Nona is an up and coming area. New Medical facilities are going to built there. It is going to be the premier medical area of Central Florida. Newer Homes and a great location. Airport noise is not an issue. If you have been out there you can see how nice it is. The Majority of the time the aircraft traffic arrives from the North. The is little noise from this at all. Conway conversely gets more noise to the North than Lake Nona.
Avalon Park is also a good choise for families as is the Waterford Area as well.
Hope this helps.
Rick.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
Hi Kmisha,

Lake Nona is one of the top communities in Orlando. Its the future location of "Medical City". The Burnham Institute, the new UCF Medical School and Hospital, and Nemours are all slated to be there. Additionally, one of the most brilliant aspects of living in Lake Nona is the way they sset up the school camopus. Did you know the YMCA is on the same campus as the elementary school? For working parents it couldn't be better. The YMCA has awesome after school programs and your child doesnt need any transportation.

There are many new and recently new homes on the market. Pricing generally from the mid two's and up.

Our company specializes in making relocation clients have a strees free nearly seamless move. We perform much like a concierge . Toll free number 888.826 2310
Celebration is your answer and I would be happy to guide you through the maze of purchasing a property and even rebate you 1/2 of my commission.
I do twice the work of any agent in my area and at 1/2 the cost.
I will give you the most honest straight forward advice that you are seeking.
There are many fine agents in town, why not use one of the best and save some money.
If Lake Nona is what you want I can assist you there as well.
But my heart is in Celebration.
Let me take you on a guided tour of my town in my electric car and we can see the sights.

Have an oustanding day
Hi Kmisha... I have several properties that you may have interest in. I also have the Cash Rewards program, and can provide you 3% of your new home's value up to $10,000. Check out my website at http://www.cflmove.com and touch base with me. I'd be happy to help!
Brian DeCosmo
Charles Rutenberg Realty
321.228.8100
bdecosmo@cflmove.com
Web Reference: http://www.cflmove.com
Hello Kmisha,
The ariport is not even twenty minutes in high traffic time, extremely close great deals, at this time in the Nona area . Please let me know How I may . You can buy a milliion dollar home or 250000 thousand dollar home. Lake nona is not over the flight path this should not be a problem. Very new area, Bernham institute will be here as well as the new Va hospital.
Hi, Kmisha,
I am a realtor with Century 21 Alliance. We have a great relocation department. If you give me some info on yourself, such as full name, contact info, type if home you're interested in, I'll be happy to connect you with an agent in that area. You may email me at your21house@yahoo.com or call at 610-457-0240. I look forward to speaking with you.
Karen Fraser