Mtzionlion, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

I am interested in purchasing a condo in a 55 community. Are there closing costs and points that will be added onto the cost of the condo?

Asked by Mtzionlion, West Palm Beach, FL Wed Jan 22, 2014

Answers

8
Hi Mtzionlion~

When paying cash, closing costs are minimal. Typical closing costs include a portion of title insurance, prorated taxes and condo fees.

If you plan to finance a condo in a 55+ community, prepare to put down at least 20-35%. Most lenders require higher down payments for condo loans. I'd be happy to provide you with a list of local mortgage professionals if you would like to compare rates and packages.

Katie Ingram, Realtor®, CDPE, CFA
561.389.7863
katie@katieingram.com / http://www.katieingram.com
* Serving Buyers & Sellers in South Florida since 1999
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 23, 2014
No. Closing costs should be $100 to the association for background check - to make sure not a criminal and not indigent. I will send you a sent of what is available.
Mtzionlion,

If you are paying cash then your closing costs will be very minimal; typically a few hundred dollars to the closing agent for handling the transaction and that will be it. Be careful as many agents and firms will try and charge you a "brokerage fee" that is nothing but a nonsense fee I would refuse to pay in almost all cases. You will see these fees range from $295 to $495+/-.

Also, there are costs that should be negotiated for the seller to pay including an owners title insurance policy to protect you from any future liens that may not show up during the title search. The other big one to watch for is a state document stamp tax on the deed transfer that the seller should also pay for.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Fins Up.......................

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
As others have noted, there will be points and closing costs added to a mortgage, which you as the buyer, will have to pay. In today's market, sellers are typically unwilling to shoulder any of the closing costs simply because excessive demand for their West Palm Beach condos makes it unnecessary for them to pay that cost.

If you are a cash buyer, the typical closing costs you will encounter are a portion of title insurance plus prorations for taxes and condo fees.

If you're purchasing an active adult condo in West Palm Beach using a mortgage, you will probably need to put down at least 20-25% just because banks ask for higher down payments for condo loans.

Marc Jablon, the Jablon Team
Re/Max Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
I'd call Michal Bander at Guaranteed Rate, 954-684-9227. He can answer your questions over the phone.
If you purchase in cash, the your closing costs are very minimal,about 0.5% to 1% of the purchase price. If you get a mortgage their are points and addtional closing costs which will add up to about 4% of the purchase price. Feel free to contact me for more info, I live and work in West Palm Beach.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 22, 2014
Usually the closing cost and point are paid by the buyer at closing , as part of there closing cost.
However if it is agreeable to the seller, they can contribute to the cost of these closing cost.

James Loftis
954-261-3361
Real Estate 911 Inc Broker/Owner
RealEstate911@gmail.com
RealEstate911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 22, 2014
It depends on the community.

When buying a home, the best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home without getting ripped off. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.HelpUBuyamerica.com