Nicole, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I am interested in purchasing a condo around 29th and mission is SF. Is the neighborhood up and coming?

Asked by Nicole, San Francisco, CA Fri Feb 29, 2008

Answers

5
Danielle Lazier’s answer
I know this area VERY well because I both work here as a local, full-time Realtor and live nearby since 1999.

Actually, I have 2 clients who live in the newish condo building at 29th and Mission. Both got great deals and are enjoying life in this little "in-between" 'hood.

I think it is totally up-an-coming because it's an area that is part-Bernal, part-Mission, part-Noe Valley and almost part-Glen Park. You can walk to great restaurants like Blue Plate, Emmy's, Cortland Ave places like Liberty and Moki's Sushi, into the Mission or upper Church area of Noe (Deep Sushi, etc). You can have easy public transit too with the Mission buses, the J-Church and even the 24th BART not too far away.

Actually, I have a special name for this area that I can't publish here but do share with my clients... Ask me about it! ;)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 2, 2008
It isn't a bad area to buy in. Whether now is the time to buy is another question.
I live a few blocks away - 29th & Sanchez. If you walk just a few blocks west into Noe Valley, there are some great restaurants (Pescheria, Toast, XO Coffee), an awesome butcher shop (Drewes Brothers Meats) and other little shops. It seems like something new opens every couple of months. Plus, the J-Church stops at 29th. I absolutely love the area!
I think Mary lives there because she sure knows the area. If you decide to purchase you will be right within walking distance of Noe Valley and Bernal Heights.
It is also a great place to live if you can commute to work downtown on a bike. Valencia to Market is a blast. Which reminds me that Valencia street has a great scene going on now too. 18th and Valencia is very hot. Enjoy!
Web Reference: http://wwwjedlane.com
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
I don't necessarily think of that spot as up and coming, but I do like that section of Mission. There are a lot of really great restaurants there such as Blue Plate, Mi Lindu Peru, the Front Porch (which was featured on Check, Please Bay Area), Zocalo, Emy's Spaghetti Shack, and Good Frikin Chicken just to name a few. There is also the Safeway right there which has just recently had a facelift. Oh yeah, and we can't forget Mitchel's Ice Cream right there on Guerrero! You are close to public transportation, and have easy access to three great neighborhoods: Inner Mission, Bernal Heights, and Noe Valley. I think it's a great spot.