Yojimbo, Home Buyer in 95476

I am interested in purchasing a 1-2 bedroom mobile home in an all age mobile home park in the town of Sonoma. Specifically one that needs work.

Asked by Yojimbo, 95476 Fri Oct 1, 2010

I have read that the mobile home parks in Boyes Hot Springs are all owned by one investor and they are converting them into "condos". What is going on with this and how is it affecting the sales of these homes in the all age parks?

Answers

2
Voices Member’s answer
If it's a true mobile and not manufactured with a foundation then it doesn't matter - if you're buying the home it's yours, not the investor's. You would be hard pressed to find competitive financing for a mobile home. I finance manufactured homes and have seen most programs for those disappear over the past few years. Mobile homes in a park are not real property (titled, not deeded or affixed to land) so they are chattel loans - much like car loans or personal loans. The home will depreciate and be valued according to its condition with no bearing on other homes in the park.
Most of the "conversion" efforts have died out with the drop of property values. Over here in Santa Rosa there were several parks trying to do that, and the the residents complained to the city and haven't heard much about it since. I don't know specifically about Sonoma, but you can go to http://www.yp.com and look up mobile home parks there and call the managers for more information. If you want me to send you a list of homes drop me an email or search on my website. Thanks, Terry Bell, Realtor, Santa Rosa, CA