Home Buying in Lincoln Park>Question Details

Cameron Spen…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I am interested in purchasing a 1 BR condo in Lincoln Park/Lakeview area but don't have a broker or agent.

Asked by Cameron Spencer, Chicago, IL Tue Jun 16, 2009

How do I go about setting some viewings up?

Answers

10
Danny Lewis ABR’s answer
Hi Cameron!

Getting an agent as a buyer is such a win-win! When you're a buyer, using an agent doesn't cost you a penny! Your agent should be sending you available properties in your price range in your area, keep you diligently informed of any market changes and should be setting up your appointments for you.

Your agent gets paid only when you purchase a house and the commission they get comes from the seller, not from you.

So it literally PAYS to have a buyer's agent! If you need any more information feel free to contact me.
I'm sure you've bought a place by but if not, please let me know.
Hi Cameron,

Have you found a place yet? Mortgage rates are very low, now is a great time to take advantage of them.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Cameron,
As you can tell, there are a lot of buyers agents that would love to help you out. I think it is a great idea to get yourself a buyers agent that knows these areas well. Dont just jump on the first one you talk to. I would ask some friends and family members what agent they used, or if they know someone they like thats in the business. I would also maybe call up a few agents and see which one seems to be able to fit your needs the best. You are going to want to work with someone you are comfortable with. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Good luck!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696
Cameron,

I'd like to throw my name is the hat as well! Please check the testimonials of buyer clients on my website. Buyer representation is both my specialty and passion.
Many of the agents who replied here on Trulia are well experienced. They're a good bet to use.

Also, referrals are a great source for an agent. Check with friends and family if they can recommend someone. As a buyer your agents fee is paid by the listing broker, so it cost you nothing to use one. The experience of a good agent is invaluable when trying to buy or sell real estate.

Any agent here can set up a search for you via Connect MLS and instantly email you available properties for consideration. Pick someone who is a good listener, and you'll find that your experience will be that much better. Other services and agent will coordinate for you are analyzing recent sales to help you determine value, coordinating showings to fit your schedule, referrals to good professionals for lending, inspection and legal, as well as helping you understand the buying process.

Best of Luck and feel free to contact me with any additional questions.
Experience is the best teacher. Before you hire any agent ask them for referrals and how long they have been an agent, also as you drive around the areas you are looking in, work with the agent on the sign as they will go that ectra mile to help you with the sale.
Cameron,

You can contact any real estate company and ANY agent would jump at the chance to work with you and schedule and accompany you on showings. If you don't want to work with an agent, then you will need to contact the listing agent directly.

If you need an agent, feel free to check us out at http://www.lucidrealty.com. We offer buyer rebates which means we share a portion of our earnings with you. You will want to make sure you are working with someone who is service focused in addition to responsive and intelligent.

Sari
slevy@lucidrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.LucidRealty.com
Cameron,

The first step before looking at homes is contacting a mortgage banker to get you pre-approved for a loan.

If you do not currently have one, contact Todd Theesfeld at Bank of America Mortgage in Lincoln Park at 773-883-8030. He will give you a good idea about different programs available to you, down payment options etc.

Then we can talk about your needs/wants to figure out what is truly important to you so that we can narrow down the multitude of properties out there to the ones the suit you.

Give me a call or send me a note and I will be glad to help. Its a great time to be a buyer. Good for you for taking advantage of the buyers market and potentially the $8,000 tax credit.

Eric Marcus ABR, CRS, CPA
Certified Negotiation Expert
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
773-244-1110
esmarcus@sbcglobal.net
I am a licensed broker who does a lot of business in both of these areas. I'm happy to help you with anything you need and can have showings set up for you immediately. Please get in touch.

Scott Newman
Newman Realty