Home Buying in Corvallis>Question Details

mperez81, Home Buyer in Corvallis, OR

I am interested in finding a home for my family of 4 as well as an additional living space for my grandmother. Any advice on how to search for this?

Asked by mperez81, Corvallis, OR Mon Oct 8, 2012

Answers

8
Find a house with a daylight basement.
still in the market? If yes, pls contact me.
All answers here are good and correct. Two crucial pieces of information that would help us, professional searchers, is your maximum payment per month and the location for this home. There a several split level homes in NW Corvallis that could quite easily made to meet your goal.
Our multiple listing service has a code that is dual living or dual living possible and when I search for clients I can eliminate homes that do not meet that criteria, if that is appropriate for your family. The agent that you choose to help you should be able to narrow the list and they will learn what floor plans meet your families needs for living and accessibility.
There are homes in Corvallis offer dual-living arrangement. To work with a knowledgeable real estate professional is the key. Get pre-qualified fist to know your budget, then search for homes within that price range. Your Realtor should lead you to the right home. If you do not have one yet, give me a call. I can help you and save you time and money.
Search for a 2 family set up or homes with additional living. That should be an option in the search criteria. You might find it easier to just connect with a realtor there in Corvallis that can just email you listings like you are interested in as they come on the market!
Yes, the best you can do is find something that has "dual living" in the description. I have a listing that has a guesthouse on premises. You should also look for "master on main" and "second master".
Master on Main means the the master suite is not up the stairs, second master wuld be even better since that means an en suite bath.
I have another listing with a second master suite. Call me at 541 207 5551 for a showing of NE Vinifera and SW Agate.
Best
Annette Sievert
asievert@valleybrokers.com
Hello, sorry, i never got this reply from you, jsut found it in my spam, yes, these are in Corvallis. If you still want to see them, let me know
Flag Thu Nov 22, 2012
Are these listings in the Corvallis area?
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012
If I were to search for the same thing, I would need to know the answers to a few questions:

Will your grandmother be living in the same home or would she prefer her own living space (i.e. duplex, mother-in-law quarters, separate studio, etc). If not, how many bedrooms would meet your needs? Assuming that your family of four only needs 3 bedrooms, perhaps a search for a 4 bedroom house might be fitting. Some 4 bedroom homes have 2 master suites with attached bathrooms. Perhaps this would meet your criteria? I could do a search with the answers to these questions and provide alternaties as well. Areas considered and price cap or range would also be important. Have a great day!
I can send a list of properties that may meet your needs if you would like to email me directly at david.smid@remax.net. Have a great day!
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012
We prefer separate living quarters such as a full apartment on the lower level...split level house? Right now we own a property with a "granny house" that she lives in. It's a great set up and we would be happy with the same set up as well. Just looking for a little newer house in a different location.
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012
Meant to say "alternatives."
Flag Mon Oct 8, 2012