Home Buying in Goodyear>Question Details

elpida1950, Home Buyer in Goodyear, AZ

I am interested in find out if anyone knows how much does it costs a month to maintain a Private Pool.

Asked by elpida1950, Goodyear, AZ Thu Oct 11, 2012

Answers

3
We use RipTide pool service for out very large pool; $85/month. We have a barracuda cleaning twice daily which is a big electric cost, (not calculated) and three water fountains aerating the water at night. We provide most of our own chemicals ($10-15/month max) So, I'd run a swag, with the cleaner, of closer to $150 (prior to our recent solar panels). (The service is well worth the price when it comes to Monsoons or other potential damages.)
If you have a pool service take of this for you, you should expect $80-100 per month depending on the size of the pool and if the serviceman is paying for utilities.
I would agree with Torang. It's not much if you do it yourself. I've had a pool for years. As long as you keep on top of the chlorine level and brush it about twice a month, you're pretty much good. Every now and then if the chlorine level gets low and the water turns greenish, just put about 1/4 gallons of pool (muratic) acid & run it all night & it will clear up. Also throw a bag of shock in it after a heavy use day. That's about all I've ever done & I've had no problems.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with real estate wise here in Goodyear.

Brian Cross
623-297-9767
brian@homebuyeradvantageteam.com
http://www.homebuyeradvantageteam.com