Megan, Home Buyer in 60622

I am interested in buying a house that is an "estate sale".. there are no open houses or showings for this property.. only drive by. What?

Asked by Megan, 60622 Sat Oct 17, 2009

is an estate sale and why can the interested party not view inside of the house? thanks, megan

Answers

7
Megan,

As others have indicated, this property likely has nothing to see on the inside or requires too much work to make sense for a rehabber to acquire. Any time I see estate sale and drive-by only, I can pretty much assume the property is a teardown. The asking price is also a good indicator if the property is being marketed for land value. The heirs to the estate don't want to deal with the property and the trustee etc will liquidate the asset on the open market.
The 60622 zip code has seen plenty of teardown and development activity in the past and if priced right the listing agent may not have to bother showing the property. Request your own report for the 60622 zip code showing pricing history and inventory http://www.kendooley.com/request-free-report/

Ken Dooley, Conlon: A Real Estate Company
(312) 305 4919 cell
Web Reference: http://www.KenDooley.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
Get a buyers agent ! Does not cost you a thing and he can get you inside the house. Probably they don't want people without agents coming into the house, but there is no such thing as a property for sale where they expect somebody to buy it without seeing it. All they want is sombody to vouch for you, for your financial means and for your seriousness. They don't want curious people walking in and out the house. Get a buyers agent !
It is somewhat unusual for an 'estate sale' to prohibit showings. I would ask the listing agent why? You can always write an offer contingent on viewing the property in addition to the standard inspection. That way you can adjust the price ow walk away once you get inside if you do not like it.
It's a bit of a potential waste of time and hassle, but in this market things like this happen more often. If I had the address I could find out more.

philip
Megan,

Often the family requests that no one go into the building because it is uninhabitable or a complete disaster and would be considered a teardown. Estate sale means the original owner died and now it is in the hands of the heirs, an executor or a judge.

Let me know the address and I can usually tell if its likely a teardown.

Best of luck!

Eric Marcus
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
773-244-1110
esmarcus@sbcglobal.net
Megan,
If I am reading your question correctly, you are saying that no one can view the inside? I think that is kind of weird. They must have something in there to hide. Usually on estate sales, the heirs are pretty motivated, so I cant imagine why they wouldnt let you see it. If you are extremely interested in it, make an offer contigent on seeing the inside.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Hi Megan,
I would love to get you the information you are seeking if you could let me know which property you are talking about, there are about a 130 properties on the market as single fam. homes, and I do not even know whether it is a single fam. home or a townhouse....
So in order for me to give you as much information as possible I need at a minimum a street, preferable a complete address, but street itself will do and I will get back to you ASAP.
Edith Karoline YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients...
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com