Home Buying in Davis>Question Details

Davis Homebu…, Home Buyer in Davis, CA

I am interested in buying a house in Davis to rent out before I come to live here. I'd like to learn about Davis real estate market as much as I

Asked by Davis Homebuyer, Davis, CA Sun Aug 22, 2010

can. In the sold properties section, there are no less than 15 properties sold for either 100k or 120k on a single day - July 14th, 2010. A look up on one of the houses (3159 Albyany Cir) showed that the sales price was around half of what it was last assessed (http://www.realtor.com/property-detail/3159-Albany-Cir_Davis…). Are these results of auctions? If not, can someone explain the circumstances of the sales?

Thanks so much!

BTW, I am looking for a real estate agent too.

Answers

1
Hi, often there are things reported that were not really sales at all - Davis has experienced some foreclosures but not nearly 15 properties in one day - more like 3-4 per month. Public records that I can access through MLS shows that this was a transfer made by the redevelopment agency of Davis - so this may have been part of a bulk transfer from a developer to the city. Trulia can get confusing - sometimes properties that are labled foreclosure are listed as a sale when it is just the payment amount that the owner is behind on. There have been some sales of homes in Davis this year between $200,000 and $300,000 - however the average home price here still ranges from the upper $400,000 to mid $500,000.