Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Mrsclay2003, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I am interested in buying a home with 5 bedrooms in the 60612 zip code. Can someone help, I am a first time home buyer and I am lost.?

Asked by Mrsclay2003, Chicago, IL Sun Nov 17, 2013

Answers

30
Are you pre approved? That is usually the first step or speak to an agent. I would recommend a new website I found called The Lenders Network they basically walk you through the process start to finsh referring you to a lender and a local agent. Hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hello Mrs Clay,

I would be happy to help. Although 5 bedrooms that close to Chicago are rare, they are out there.

Please feel free to brouse my website at MeyersRealty1.com and call me anytime to discuss next steps.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
c: 847-533-7115
MsClay,

I can assist you with getting pre-qualified for mortgage loan at a no cost obligation.

Cindy McDowell
Peoples Home Equity
cmcdowell@peopleshomeequity.com
630-657-0538
Hi Mrs. Clay,

My office will be hosting a *FREE* first-time homebuyer course the first Saturday of February. It will start in the morning and last for a couple hours. We'd love to have you! Email me if you'd like more information.

Stephanie Scott
Agent, Coldwell Banker
stephanie.scott@cbexchange.com
847-425-3747
Would start with contacting a lender who is familiar with the interconnecting nature of the market you plan on purchasing in. Chances are they have connections with solid real estate agents, attorneys, and other resources to assist you with the process of getting started and pre approved. If they are knowledgable in their trade.

Then once you have a pre-approval or pre-qualification letter would begin your search for properties in the market.

If you would like to discuss any questions you may have with buying a home for the first time or making sure the information you are receiving is accurate do not hesitate to contact me. My phone is always on and my email is never far away with regards to answering your questions.

Chris Diamond
Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation
NMLS 771882
847-775-2181
chris.diamond@thedrmc.com
Reach out and interview a few agents. See which one is going to be the best fit for you and who your comfortable with.
Hello Mrs. Clay,

I work with first time buyers all the time and am happy to walk you through the home buying process.

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
ivan@atproperties.com

The first step would be to get pre-approved for a mortgage loan. I would be more than happy to assist you. I work with over 40 lenders, which allows me to provide my clients with more opportunities. I am dedicated to find the right loan to meet your needs. Feel free to contact me with questions or to get started!

Ashley Pimentel
Senior Loan Originator
Market Place Mortgage
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: (630) 217-7013
Fax: (630) 396-3698
apimentel@marketplacemc.com
There are some options available to you. If you haven't done so yet, get yourself pre-qualified. Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com
There will not be many options for 5 bedrooms. Are you willing to purchase a 4 bedroom with a den/extra space? Are you willing to build a 4th- 5th bedroom in the basement? Any additional flexibility will bring you more choices.
plenty of realtors in the chicagoland area that can help, find one that works well with you
5 bedrooms in 60612 ..... there is not a large selection! I see 1 that is really old and needs a ton of work for $27,500. There are 2 others that were built in this century $779,000 and $989,900. Are there any other areas that will work for you? When do you want to move? I will be happy to help please call 312-450-8729.

Patti McDonald
Fresh Horizon Realty
Mrs. Clay,

A lot of people have weighed in with a lot of opinions, but so far, no one has offered you any incentives as a First Time Homebuyer.

My company, Wintrust Mortgage, can offer you:
Down Payment Assistance, up to $6000 statewide, $10,000 in certain areas!
Reduced Cost Mortgage Insurance
Low Fixed Rate regardless of credit score (as long as you meet the minimum standard)

And your minimum investment can be as low as 1%!

Feel free to give me a call at 773-416-7107 or to shoot me an email at mbukovy@wintrustmortgage.com.

Matt Bukovy
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Wintrust Mortgage
773-416-7107
Web Reference: http://www.mattbukovy.com
Mrs. Clay,

Reduced Cost Mortgage Insurance

Matt Bukovy
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Wintrust Mortgage
773-416-7107
HI Mrsclay2003,

Congrats on making the first step to purchasing a home!

You're not alone in being lost as a first time home buyer. Unfortunately, there isn't a "definitive guide" of sorts to buying a house, since everybody's situation is different.

That being said, there are a number of online calculators and directories you can use to get a sense of what's available in the market.

But what if you don't really know what you need at this point?

Hippoteq (hippoteq.com) is a great online tool that helps you choose the best mortgage for your needs by shopping with multiple lenders -- kind of like a broker on steroids. They're based in Chicago and currently serve all of Illinois.

First, they assess your personal situation through a short series of questions, all done online, to help determine your personal needs, preferences, and risk tolerance.

Next, they search a loan database to get quotes from multiple lenders based on your needs (commercial banks and direct mortgage lenders like QuickenLoans and Guaranteed Rate are each tied to one lender, leaving you no option for comparison shopping).

Their proprietary loan scoring system (HippoScore) then matches you with home loans based on compatibility and recommends the best, making it easy to evaluate multiple options without giving up sensitive information such as your name and SSN.

Finally, you are given access to a personalized mortgage management portal that keeps the entire mortgage application process running smoothly and facilitates communication with live mortgage guides for any questions you might have.

If you're comfortable using online services like TurboTax and Mint.com and are in the market for a purchase in the state of Illinois, as you are, this might be a great service to check out!
Web Reference: http://www.hippoteq.com
Hello, I would love the opportunity to earn your business. I work with a lot of first time home buyers and am able to give them the information to make sense of the mortgage process. I would be happy to pre-qualify you. My team at Guaranteed Rate is able to close in 2 weeks most purchases with cooperation from the borrower!

My direct line is 773.516.6859 if you need me! You can go to my secured web-site and fill in an application, get a pre-approval 24/7 if you qualify and a free credit report. By doing this you get an automatic $150 lender credit! http://www.guaranteedrate.com/MaryKayLaurent

Also you can get our eBook "Demystifying the Mortgage Process" is it a step by step explanation of how mortgages work. I will also be able to "talk you through" the process :-) Please check out my Trulia Blog for more information.

With warm regards,

Mary Kay Laurent
Associate Vice President of Mortgage Lending
marykay.laurent@guaranteedrate.com
http://www.guaranteedrate.com/MaryKayLaurent

o: 773.516.6859 - m: 312.403.4150 - f: 773.328.1740
3940 North Ravenswood , Chicago, IL 60613
NMLS ID: 870598
Good Morning,

Have you already been pre approved for a mortgage? If not, please contact Miz Ramadani of Sierra Pacific Mortgage 708 499 5626.

If you have not already hired an agent to assist you in your purchase, please feel free to contact me anytime at 773 972 5333.
I'm happy to help with your pre-approval. Contact me at your convenience.

Matthew Roder
VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
630-388-9533
matthew.roder@guaranteedrate.com
As you can see you will be very popular. My web site has some lender references. You should speak with a few before starting the house hunt. Spring might be a better time to start looking as the inventory of property will be greater than now and you can have an agent set up a search for you now to start showing you property. It takes a while to get a 'feel' for the market particularly when this is your first try. My web site explains my Rebate I give to all buyers.
http://Www.myprospectmortgage.com/cbajak
Please check my testimonials and call me.... Thanks!
Id be glad to help you with the money part of it.
You need to talk to someone who can explore in depth what you are looking for. For instance, that zip code covers quite a broad range of neighborhoods with very different quality of housing and prices. We provide full service but also share our commission with our buyers on a sliding scale that varies depending upon the price of the property you buy. If you would like to discuss your options please call me at 312-738-0232.
Web Reference: http://lucidrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
There will be no shortage of agents that can help. Interview two or three agents, and go with the one you mesh best with.
Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss your options. 630-518-8872. Thanks. Kurt
First step is getting the best financing options possible.

Call me today

Alexander Romo
Senior Vice President Mortgage Lending
312-73-8430

Call me today

Alexander Romo
Senior Vice President Mortgage Lending
312-73-8430
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area.

I've had a book published on Amazon called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It will teach you how to buy a home without getting ripped off, and will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
214-734-3863
Alysse@HelpUBuyAmerica.com
http://www.helpubuyamerica.com
Your going to want to start by getting pre approved -
Then you will want to partner with a good buyers agent.
I would be happy to help.
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773-290-0455
Mrsclay2003, here is a snapshot of the next immediate steps to get you started as a FTHB, First Time Home Buyer:
First step = Speak + work with Lender to preapprove you for home purchase
Second step = Speak + work with Real Estate Broker/Agent to search + look at homes
Third step = Real Estate Broker/Agent will help you write + submit a purchase offer

Call me, 708-203-2258, to help you start your home purchase!
The first step is getting pre-approved. I work with some excellent Realtors in 60612 but having a pre-approval will help them know how much house you can afford and give them direction on finding your ideal home.

If you need help with obtaining a pre-approval or would like a great recommendation on a Realtor please contact me.

Good Luck!!!

Kelvin Waits
VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
630 925-7854
kelvin.waits@guaranteedrate.com

.