Winnews47, Home Buyer in Stafford, VA

I am interested in buying a home in Delasol. However, given that they were built at the height of the Chinese drywall crisis, I want to know if you

Asked by Winnews47, Stafford, VA Sun Jun 9, 2013

have had clients who have had any experiences with that problem there.

Answers

26
Good Evening,

I have not personally had any clients with experiences with Delasol's chinese drywall, but would be more than happy to assist you in searching and purchasing a home in the community or other communities in the area. Before you would consider purchasing any house, I would definitely advise you to have an inspection done if you have any concerns about Chinese drywall or any other potential problems. It is always better to be safe than sorry!

Please feel free to use my website as a helpful resource when searching Naples real estate -- http://www.napleshomes.com. Napleshomes.com has detailed community information, Naples real estate trends and news, and detailed property listings.

Please contact me either via email at ryan@napleshomes.com or via cell 239.244.1559. I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in finding your new home!
Web Reference: http://www.napleshomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Live MLS search for Naples FL at http://www.NaplesFloridaUS.com
I haven't heard of any problems with Chinese Drywall in Delasol, although there are other developments that have this problem within. You can always have a purchase contingent on a Drywall inspection. Thank You, Lisa Giuttari SWFLPROPERTY4U@gmail.com
Hello!

There are many great answers below.

If you would like to know more about the Naples area (school maps, resident & visitor guides, golf communities, area events, beach info, live webcams, etc.) go to my website http://www.NaplesListed.com. Oh yeah...you can search for homes too & read about our current market conditions.

Please contact me directly, I am here to help!

Justine Williams
Realtor - Amerivest Realty
239.404.0692
NaplesListed@gmail.com

http://www.NaplesListed.com
http://www.NaplesListed.info
http://www.facebook.com/NaplesListed
There is one company who specializes in Chinese Drywall inspections. They have done over 14,000. If someone uses a laser gun for an inspection—-do know that that is not a 100% effective test. Do not even trust a county certificate that someone has removed all the drywall and it is ok. I had one and it tested positive—the rehabber did not remove anything else such as the wiring, plumbing that was copper, air conditioner——- It has HUGE issues and hopefully the next buyer who came along was not bamboozled by the price and size of the condo and didn’t do an inspection!
Delasol had some condos with chinese drywall—I was in one that had been remediated.

Judy Cunningham
239-293-0368
Why Delasol? There are so many nicer communities and this one has been riddled with issues. My last client looked in there and then RAN to Sterling Oaks and is so happy they didn’t purchase in a community with little amenities. There are way too many communities that are 100 times nicer for the same price! I personally would not put my money there.
Judy Cunningham
A Delta Realty of Naples
239-293-0368
judysellsnaples@gmail.com
No clients, but an agent friend of mine lives in the community...KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601 (6/10)
You will need a house inspection for sure. Judy gattinger Downing-Frye Realty
judygattinger@gmail.com originally from Lexington, Va. .
you need to get a house inspection done before buying.
judygattinger@gmail.com downing-Frye realty originally from Lexington, VA.
I have friends and relatives who live in Delasol. They have not had any dry wall issues. Delasol is a great community for growing families and offers simple amenities. I have a friend who is a physician living there he is considering selling. His home was totally custom built with designer furnishings and all the bells and whistles. If you would like to see his home, let me know and I'd be happy to show you. It is a 4 bedroom and a den.
Claudette Looker
239-601-6088
I have sold several homes in Delasol and have many friends that currently live within the community. As my cohorts have stated they are not aware of any drywall issues in Delasol. I also have not heard of any issues in there either. I would also recommend a extensive inspection including checking for Chinese drywall through a lab test. I also have all the floor plans for that community and many others in the Naples market. Please feel free to contact me so that I could e-mail the floor plan that you maybe interested in. My contact information is below.

I have a friend in the community that is interested in selling his home currently. Please call or e-mail for more details.

Gerald J. Lefebvre
Broker
Gulfline Realty LLC
(239) 404-0198 Cell
gerald@gulflinerealty.com
The majority of homes that had Chinese drywall in different neighborhoods have been identified since their signs gradually become evident, most several years ago, but any home a buyer purchases is contingent upon a home inspection. I have been successful in using licensed contractors in different specialties.
It is true that only by a lab examination of a piece of drywall would confirm it's existence. 2004-2006 were the main years of usage. There have been no known issues with Delasol that I or many of my colleagues have been made aware of.

Are you working with a local Realtor?

Delasol is a lovely community and I would welcome assisting you in finding the right property.

Yours,
Mary Horesco
"Outstanding Performance Award Winner"
Downing-Frye Realty, Inc.
239-293-9434
Web Reference: http://www.maryhoresco.com
Dear Winnews47, Thanks for your posting. There is a reasonably priced testing service I could recommend that can conduct a professional inspection that could put your concerns to rest regarding a potential home purchase. As stated by other realtors, Delasol is a in demand, attractive community offering an enjoyable lifestyle.
At your service,
Steve Moller, Realtor
Vanderbilt Realtors
Naples, FL 34109
http://www.buysellhomesnaplesfl.com
Defective drywall issues can show themselves two ways: smell. If it was built with defective drywall, the smell will tell you. If a place has just been painted, the odor might be masked. Also, defective drywall can impact certain types of plumbing, and your inspector should be looking for that.

Unfortunately, in order to inspect for defective drywall fully, you need to invasively drill into a section and test it, which of course you'd have to have repaired and painted afterwards regardless of the outcome. Technically, that would only imply that particular piece of drywall is defective, but if you tested a few and got positive results, it would tell the story.

By the way, older properties can have bits of that stuff if a particular section was replaced. That is pretty rare I would think. Only take the word of a certified inspector one way or the other. Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Mark Tyler
Premiere Plus Realty
239-285-1133
I have not had any clients in Delasol, however, have an inspection. A good inspection can tell right away if a home has Chinese Drywall, The electrical panel and outlets will be severely tarnished and very dark in color. If I may assist you in your purchase, please call me Gregory A. Schmidt PA 239-465-2761

Kind Regards,
Mark Tyler
Premiere Plus Realty
239-285-1133
Any house or condominium built in the years when Chinese drywall was being used should be suspect until thoroughly investigated by someone knowledgeable in doing Chinese drywall inspections. It is possible for one house in a neighborhood to have the problem and another not to have it, depending upon where the subcontractor purchased their drywall. There is a Chinese Drywall link on my homepage which takes you to some of the government websites which will tell you more about this product and what signs to look for as you are viewing homes.

I have seen so many Chinese drywall properties in Southwest Florida, that it is relatively easy for me know when I am in a home that used the product. And many seller's do have some interesting tricks to try to cover up the issue. Fans turned on in a garage during a showings, is just one example of a sign that the seller is covering up the Chinese drywall smell often evident in the garage because of lack of ventilation.

I am a true buyer broker. I am here to help buyers who are interested in obtaining my 30 years experience in the Southwest Florida real estate market. There is no additional cost to obtain my services. The seller's agent does not represent your best interest in the purchase of a home. In the State of Florida most agents work as Transactions brokers who do not represent the buyer or the sellers best interest. They have little if any liability in the real estate transaction. A buyer broker is legally obligated to take care of the buyers best interest and has true liability in the real estate transaction, therefore will use more care and diligence in helping the buyer find the best house. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker can negotiation for the best price and terms for the buyer.

There is a wealth of FREE information available for buyers on my homepage and no log in requirements to obtain it. Visit http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com as learn the number 1 Mistake Most Buyers Make!

Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC, CIPS
Buyer Broker - Owner
Florida Buyer Broker
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
239-601-2013 Local Direct
800-283-7393 Toll Free US and Canada
I can understand your concerns and would be happy to assist you on the purchase of your new home. You definitely want a home inspection performed on any home you are considering. There is going to be a lot more the home inspector will be looking for than just the Chinese drywall. If signs of Chinese drywall are present they will recommend additional testing. Call me today at 239-272-8843 or email at naplestopagent@gmail.com and I will be happy to provide you with a list of qualified inspectors.
I have sold homes in Delasol and my customers had inspections for defective drywall and there was not any at all. This is a beautiful community. My customers have been very happy there.

Dorene Pierceall
Broker-Associate
Amerivest Realty
Naples, FL
(239) 331-1124
You will not encounter a problem in there. I can also identify it and point out the indicators as we go through. Let me know if I can assist in any way.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
No experience with Delasol. Best course of action is to offer contingent on a home inspection. That relatively inexpensive insurance will provide certainty. As an aside, if there is any question in your mind, there are many similar very nice communities in that area.
No chinese drywall. Call us tollfree 855.627.5376 http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
Side note.... Most homes that have defective drywall were built in 2004, 05, and 06.

Terence Trombetti • Realtor®
Licensed Florida Realtor Since 2004
Gulf Coast Realty Network
Mobile 239.560.1574
terencetrombetti@gmail.com
Search For Homes On The REALTOR's MLS
GO TO: http://fl.living.net/idxrealtor/1222901
I can Identify defective drywall. Please give me a ring and I will assist you in finding the best home possible.

Terence Trombetti • Realtor®
Licensed Florida Realtor Since 2004
Gulf Coast Realty Network
Mobile 239.560.1574
terencetrombetti@gmail.com
Search For Homes On The REALTOR's MLS
The chinese drywall would show up during the inspection, but normally you'll already have a pretty good idea if it has it. There's a distinctive odor, copper plumbing, wiring, etc will be black, etc. If the home has it, it has to be gutted - to the studs normally, treated, and rebuilt, meaning all drywall, appliances, and electrical often need to be replaced.