Home Buying in Baldwinsville>Question Details

justjillc, Home Buyer in Liverpool, NY

I am interested in buying a home/homes in the baldwinsville liverpool areas to use for rental income. How is the demand for this in these areas?

Asked by justjillc, Liverpool, NY Wed Sep 18, 2013

Answers

3
I actually own a townhouse in Clay that I'm trying to sell for several months now. We haven't had much interest in buyers but few people mentioned possibly renting it. We've heard that similar properties rent for $1,100 a month. Most of the houses in the blocks around me are townhomes and some are rented. We're teetering on the idea of renting it out but we aren't too keen on the responsibility of being a landlord.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 17, 2013
Full disclosure: I have a place for sale.

I no longer live in New York, but I just put my father's 2 bedroom townhouse in Clay on the market last week and was shocked to hear that I could ask upwards of $1200 per month on a place that would garner no more than $800 per month in Cleveland, Ohio. The real estate agent I am using told me that rental property is in high demand in the Syracuse area and that is driving rent up, up, up.
I actually considered keeping the place for a rental, but I live too far away to manage it effectively so I renovated it from stem to stern, put it on the market and now I wait.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 16, 2013
Demand is pretty high in both areas. They are desireable places for tenants to live. The housing prices are lower though compared to other towns in Onondaga county and could be decent investments for the careful buyer. Be selective and check the mechanicals carefully.