Home Buying in Onalaska>Question Details

Becca, Other/Just Looking in Onalaska, TX

I am interested in buying a home for the first time in my life and I make under 28,000 annually and I dont know how to begin. I was told to check on

Asked by Becca, Onalaska, TX Fri Sep 11, 2009

fha loans or maybe look for homes that you have listed for back taxes. I live in Onalaska Texas. Where can I find a local office?.

Answers

4
just go to the places you already do business with. Your local bank, credit union, etc... they will help you and point you in the right direction.
I live in Onalaska also. I have several finance companies for consideration. Give me a call so we can talk about what's available to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dyana Babik
Realty Associates
281-733-7184
thebabiks@msn.com
First off, where is Onalaska? A wonderful thing this Google Maps!

Hook up with a mortgage lender. Your bank or credit union is a good place to start. Give them your information and see what you will likely qualify for by way of a mortgage. The first time homebuyer's tax incentive is out there and there are special loans for first timers.

Depending upon your family situation and the market in your area, you may want to look for a condominium or a starter home that is easily affordable on your salary and yet allows you to build equity and get a taste of home-ownership and its responsibilities. Not everyone likes those responsibilities.

If you really want to go the tax sales route, start here and ask questions: http://www.co.polk.tx.us/ips/cms/countyoffices/taxAssessorCo…