Ymcdon2000, Home Buyer in Marina del Rey, CA

I am interested in buying a condo in the Marina del Rey, Playa del Rey area. The problem that I have is that when checking MLS listings, the HOA fees

Asked by Ymcdon2000, Marina del Rey, CA Sat Sep 5, 2009

are rarely (if ever) included. Is there an easy way for me to obtain this information without having to contact the agent first? What is the normal range for HOA's?

Answers

5
Robert Spinosa’s answer
Ymcdon2000,

In addition to researching the HOA dues, ask your Realtor if the project itself is known to be eligible for Fannie Mae or FHA financing. It is becoming increasingly difficult to finance condos through conventional sources and effort spent researching this will assist your search greatly. If I can be of service, please let me know.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 7, 2009
hi ymcdon,
HOA's costs will vary greatly in the Playa Vista, Marina del Rey area. I have seen everything from 375.00-750.00. It's an important part of the purchase and something you do need to know. This information is available to agents and normally is not included in information to the general public.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 6, 2009
Dear Home Buyer,

HOA fees vary greatly in your desired areas. Based on such factors as the age of the building, total number of units in the complex, square footage of the unit, earthquake insurance and most importantly the featured amenities, HOA fees range from several hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars in Marina del Rey and Playa del Rey.

My suggestion is for you to work with an experienced real estate agent who is intimately familiar with these beach cities. Your agent will also be able to tell you other important HOA information such as financial stability, pending litigation, upcoming assessments and loan status.

Happy house hunting!

Lezlie Brazil
DRE #01748609
4644 Admiralty Way
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
T 310-991-4263
F 310-861-0207
E lezliebrazil@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.lezliebrazil.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 6, 2009
Hi there! The fees vary greatly depending on many factors including building amenities . Playa Vista has a Mello Roos tax in addition to the HOA. I would be happy to explain this to you and assist you with the HOA information.
Ann Yellin
Coldwell Banker
Marina del Rey
310-448-5907
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 13, 2009
Hi Ymcdon,

HOA fee information is almost always posted on the agent's MLS reports and is frequently omitted from online sources that are publicly available. You're also not getting the latest information a lot of the time, which is where you'll get a lot of the best deals. This is especially true for new listings and pocket listings. Finally, you're really not saving any money, time or headaches by not having a real estate agent help you search for MLS listed properties. You'll end up getting an agent before you buy anyway and are missing out on the benefits of professional representation in the meantime.

Please feel free to contact me if you need to know the HOA fees or other information for specific properties that you have in mind, or if you'd like me to run some local MLS searches for you. Best of luck.