Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Ivy, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am interested in a property (15 unit) at 600 block of Lake Ave in Rochester's 14613 area. Is this area ok?

Asked by Ivy, New York, NY Tue Feb 3, 2009

Answers

3
Robert Kirby’s answer
All areas of the city of Rochester can be good investments. You need a property management company that services the area that the property is in, efectively! Carefully reveiw past proformances of the management, occupancy rate, cash flow, and expenses. You my of heard of LOCATION,LOCATION, LOCATION . This may not always be true on investment properties with cash flow. I perfer MANAGEMENT,MANAGEMENT,MANAGEMENT. As far as calling the police and asking them about the property or area. I've would and never surgest this. Crime travels and can happen anywhere. Unless you should be lucky enough the get on the phone a successful police investor with with expertise in that area.The past proformences of this property, plus changes you can make in the future, should determin the value for you. I'm very active in the listing and selling of investment properties in all areas of Rochester. I've listed and sold more of these properties than and other Realtor in Rochester last three years in a row. Excluding the forclosure offices. Go to my web http://www.bobkirbysells.com for more information. PS. I do not do management but can give you advice.
Call the police department to get crime information. Also i would suggest you do driveby at all different times during the day including nights and weekends. You will get a good idea for whats going on
Hello Ivy,

Your best bet would be to talk with the local police department and ask them what type of attention is given to that part of town. As with any investment, there are good things and bad ... I'm sure the same applies to this property as well. Unfortunately as a Realtor my license mandates that I cannot offer this type of information.

What I can tell you is to check with the police, property managers, or other agencies to see what their take is. If you'd like more information on that property or others ... give me a call or email me through my website.

Michael Walker
Century 21 Premier Properties