Home Buying in Davis>Question Details

Retired, Home Buyer in Davis, WV

I am interested in a mountain home in WV for retirement, but am worried about mountain top removal. How would I know if any property is impacted?

Asked by Retired, Davis, WV Fri Aug 12, 2011

Answers

3
Have you purchased a property? If not, we are selling our new home....level lot. We've learned by living here full time that mountain top living is not conducive to retirement age. You can contact me at tamala0013@aol.com or (304)866-8631 if you're interested in living in Timberline behind the guard gate on a beautiful, secluded level lot. Thanks!
tamala0013???
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013
"living here full time that mountain top living is not conducive to retirement age"
Could you explain what you mean? Thanks!
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Mountain Top removal is not an issue in Canaan Valley. If you would like more information on properties in this area, I would be happy to send you some information.
Hello Retired,
Check the Tucker County planning and zoning department as they can advise you best on the guidelines, restrictions, and code compliance for the particular area that interests you.

Here is a link to Tucker County's web site where you may find some helpful information and who to contact:

http://www.tuckercounty.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck in your retirement!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty