Home Buying in Wakefield>Question Details

sas, Home Buyer in Arlington, TX

I am interested in a house that shows an "active option" status. If the contract goes through, how soon must the listing be withdrawn?

Asked by sas, Arlington, TX Thu Aug 16, 2012

Also, what is the time limit for an "active option"?

Answers

3
Hi Sas,

If you are looking to buy in the Wakefield or surrounding area, it is best to work with a buyer agent, as described below, at no cost to you. A buyer's agent will streamline the process of finding the home you are looking for effectively leaving you freed up to do what you need to in your moving process. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to work together to find your new home. I will work with you directly and then in the end when you have found the home you are looking for, I get paid by the seller of that home for bringing you as the buyer.

In addition, sometimes, it may be better to rent for a few months and really look for property in your new location, unless you are from this area and already familiar with it.

I can help you either way. Feel free to give me a call at 978-604-6521 (talk or text) or send me an email at heatherlore21@gmail.com

Heather LoRe, Licensed Realtor in Massachusetts
Century 21
Hello Sas,
listings should be flagged (Under Agreement) within 24hrs of an accepted and signed offer or P&S unless the seller has requested not to do so. The time line for flagged listings vary depending on the contingencies that need to be met. I would get a buyer's agent (no cost to you) to assist you, s/he should be able to answer any questions you may have and guide you throughout the process.
Wen - info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
I'm not quite sure of the terminology you're using, but I'll take a stab.

If by "active option" you mean "Active Flagged", then the property may be a short sale subject to 3rd party approval.

Some Agents use "Active Flagged" if there is some contingency that the Seller wants met before they're willing to put it Under Agreement (UAG) and totally off the market.

Per MLSPIN/PINERGY rules within 24 hours of the accepted offer being signed by both parties, the property is to be changed to Under Agreement.

Having your Buyer Agent look into the property is the easiest way to get your answer, short of posting the address here.

Let me know if I can help in any way!

j