Home Buying in Sea Girt>Question Details

Bev Fantini, Home Buyer in Sea Girt, NJ

I am interested in a condo in Sea Girt. All of the units are the same of course except the end ones. The one I am looking at is listed for $379,900

Asked by Bev Fantini, Sea Girt, NJ Sat Jun 19, 2010

and the one next door recently sold for $292,500. Do you think $300,000 would be a fair offer? Two others in the complex sold for $280,000 a year ago and another sold for $305,000.

Answers

6
Hi Bev
Are you sure you are talking about Sea Girt? There is only one condo community there & the properties on the market are in the $400's Regardless of the location I would base any offer you are considering on properties that closed this year not last year.Typically in most communities end units are the largest models
& sell for more money. So if you really like the condo make a realistic offer based on recent closed sales in the past 6 months & go a bit higher since it is an end unit if you want your offer to be considered.
Joan Congilose CRS, GRI, e-Pro
RE/MAX Central Manalapan
(732) 972-1000 Ext:364
(732) 232-5277
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 19, 2010
Hi Bev

I was just following up on this older post. Did you ever buy a condo in Sea Girt? Our office is in the heart of Sea Girt on Washington Blvd across the street from Rod's. If you have any questions give me a call or email and I will help you.

Val Gabela
Hi Bev
I believe you are referring to Ashford Manor which has a Sea Girt mailing address, but is NOT in Sea Girt.
Recent sales prices have gone as high as $410K, fyi. Prices are driven the the number of bedrooms and baths, the condition of the kitchen and baths, and whether or not there is a basement.
If you would like additional help in placing your offer, or additional information about the community, reach out to me via Trulia or my website.
I will be listing a unit there shortly.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Bev,

Hard to tell without knowing what each of these units have to offer on the interior (i.e., stainless and granite in kitchen or original formical and white appliances, etc..) . . . . End units usually do carry a bit of a premium as you have obviously incorporated into your suggested offer price.

As for "seller motiviation" it seems that none of us can predict these days . . . I have sellers who refuse to budge off their price and others who were just glad to receive an offer and after a day or two of consideration accepted what that buyer had to offer. It's a 50/50 shot.

BYW, kudos to you for disguising the true identify of the property to which u are referring (assuming this is the case).

What is your agent's opinion?

Love and peace,
Francesca Patrizio, ePro, SRES
Coldwell Banker
732.606.29831
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Bev, I'd be happy to look into that for you if you could pass on some more information on the complex or units, I will be in my office from 9:00am this morning you can call me and I can look at it while we are on the phone and offer some advice

Bev --- I'd have to do more research on the properties. It depends on the complex and condition and seller motivation. I could find all of that out for you with more information. If you would pass that along to me, I'd be willing to find out for you. Thanks -- John