Home Buying in Hazlet>Question Details

Laurie E. Sp…, Home Buyer in 07740

I am interested in Hazlet, NJ, because I work in the city and they have a train station. However, I'm finding most of these towns have a long

Asked by Laurie E. Spencer, 07740 Mon Mar 1, 2010

waiting list for parking at the train, which just kills the whole idea of moving to such a town. Anyone know what the situation is for Hazlet?

Answers

6
Hi Laurie
Unfortunately a lot of the municipal parking spots at the train stations in the area are taken. The best advice I can suggest is that if you really want to live here find a house you like first. Then based on the location you will be living in & the closest train station get on the list right away & in the mean time, stop by businesses close to the train station near you & ask around if they would be willing to rent you a parking space in their lot on a monthly basis. A lot of places including gas stations will sometimes do that. Most of my customers have had luck doing this. Last resort if you really want to take the train you can always find a space at Metro Park off the GS Pkwy & take the train from there..It isn't that far a drive.

Joan Congilose CRS, GRI, e-Pro
RE/MAX Central
(732) 972-1000 ext:364
(732) 232-5277
I have my house for sale at 12 Oregon Ave, in Hazlet, and you can walk just a few minutes down to the bus to NYC.
I have a house for sale in Hazlet on Oregon Ave where you can walk down the street and catch the bus to the city.
Hi , I live in Holmdel for many years and my husband commutes to Jersey city. I live about a mile from Hazlet train station. I think parking lot at the station is run by a private company now and spots are available. If not, than there is daily parking and the Daily near the station lets you park($5.00/day.) Other than that some people walk down and some get dropped off. So everything put together, its not really bad situation for commuters.
Laurie

My company is located in Hazlet I am sure we can find yo something since we have two offices in the town if you are interested please contact me at your earliest and I will see what we can do about parking for you when you purchase a home. I would think between our two offices we should find a spot

Tim Robbins

Better Homes Realty

800-610-3599
Web Reference: http://njbuyersonestop.com
HI Laurie,
I don't know what the situation is with HAzlet I wll be glad to look into it and get back to you. Have you considered commuting by bus? They have park and ride areas which makes it alittle easier. Otherwise you are right it is some what difficult to get permits to park. I believe Little Silver has a lottery every year around September for their permits if that helps you any.
Gloria Benaroch
Coldwell Banker, Rumson