Home Buying in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Nikki Vandel…, Home Buyer in Killeen, TX

I am in the process of moving back to Grand Rapids. I am looking at using my VA Home Loan to buy our first house.

Asked by Nikki Vandelier, Killeen, TX Sun Jun 23, 2013

The thing is, my husbands and my credit is horrible, we are working on repairing our credit. It should be back to 650 ish within the next few months. My question is, Based on your experiences, is it possible to be first time homeowners by next spring?

Answers

15
Hello again,

It all depends upon the line of work you are in. If you or your husband is commissions it would be up two Tax years that we would need to verify or if you are straight w2'd we would need at least 2 paystubs or 30 days of paystubs. Let me know if this helps answer your question. Have a great day!!!

Tom Girardot
Team Mortgage Company
(616) 318-0385
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
Hi Nikki,

Welcome back to Grand Rapids. Thank you for your service. Congratulations on your decision to become a first-time home buyer too. What branch of service are you in or have served in? I am a Marine Corps Veteran, and I personally use VA loans to purchase my homes when I buy for my family and me --so I have experience not only as a Realtor navigating VA loans, but as a VA loan home buyer too. Nikki feel free to call me, and we can chat about what to expect, what you can do right now, and who to get in touch with.

Elvin Carroll
O: 616-426-3114
C: 616-250-0723
Web Reference: http://elvincarroll.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013

Thank you for your service!!! We are a VA lender in Grand Rapids and can most certainly help. We work with a lot of veterans in the Grand Rapids area and I am a veteran myself. Please give us a call and we can help you get started. Have a Great Day!!!

Thomas Girardot
Team Mortgage Company
(616) 318-0385
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
I have seen VA deals get done down to 620.

I am a real estate agent and don't write loans. But I know the top VA lender in the state of Michigan. His rates seem to be the best, costs seem to be the lowest, and since this is such a big part of his business he knows the VA process inside and out.

Drop me a line if you need a referral.

Jason Lash
The Lash Group
Prudential Preferred Realtors
Office: (616) 447-7045
Cell: (616) 821-1350
Http://www.GRHomes.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
Hi Nikki! I have a great lender I can get you in touch with that will walk you thru the process og getting pre-approved for a loan as quickly as possible! Call me anytime on my cell at 616-217-7902.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
I have a perfect loan product for you please call/text me 6165327200
Thank y'all for your quick responses! I really appreciate y'alls help. I will be contacting someone shortly after we get back. One more question, Since my husband and I will be starting our careers over, what do lenders usually want as far as time of employment?
Hi Nikki,
I have had great success with Quicken Loans out of Troy and LMCU here in GR with VA loans. Your lender can help you get where you need to be financially. Contact one, and let them guide you.
Hi Nikki
Give me a call I would be happy to put you on the right track.
616-893-1672
VA is a very forgiving loan product. The minimum credit score is a 640. We can take a look and see where he is at. We have multiple 'rapid credit re-score' products available too. Please feel free to call me for a free consultation.

Joshua Nawrot
Northern Mortgage
616-581-0540
NMLS: 160116
Hello Nikki,

I am a lender in Michigan with experience in bringing credit scores up quickly. We have programs that we run to show exactly what you should do. Give me a call 734-755-1064

BTW we do VA loans,

Carl
Sounds like you are on the right track, if you can get up to 650 as planned you should be ready for a VA loan. VA loans have a few nice advantages for you, hope you can take advantage soon. Welcome back to GR Nikki!
Dan G at Mortgage One would be great to speak with. His number is 616-915-1734. If he can't get you pre-approved, no one can. Good luck!
Speak with a lender and let him or her know your situation and your goals. If you speak with a good lender, they should be able to give you a pretty good idea of what to expect just based on the information you give them. If you need a good lender to speak with about this, just let me know.
Web Reference: http://www.BrekSchutten.com
Obviously there are multiple things that determine whether you qualify for a loan. The best thing to do is start working with a good lender now so they can tell you what you need to do to make sure you qualify for a loan down the road.

Jason Todd

JToddRealty@gmail.com

ToddHomesForSale.com