Home Buying in Bushkill>Question Details

Maria A. Fej…, Home Buyer in Tamiment, PA

I am in the process of buying a short sale property. After three months of waiting the bank assessed the property and gave a lower price.

Asked by Maria A. Fejes, Tamiment, PA Sun Jun 17, 2012

My Real Estate Agent is not really responsive. I hardly get answer to my emails.
Can I change Real Estate Agent in the middle of this process?

Answers

3
James P. Ryan, Jr’s answer
Obviously, try calling him, I certainly agree with that advice. Escalate to the managing broker next.
If you have not signed an exclusive buyer's agreement, and still are unhappy after your chats, by all means, seek a new agent!
If you did sign a buyers agreement, get released from that from the managing broker before contacting another agent.

Best wishes, Jim
What did people do for communication before we had e-mails and texting?

By e-mailing, you are relying on your computer, your carrier, the internet, his carrier, his computer, and his schedule:
Do you think that there might have been a breakdown?
Do you think?

Before you give up on him, why don't you try a telephone? You know, speak to him!

It sounds like the Bank giving you a lower price is a GOOD THING; right?

YES, you can change Agents at any time; don't worry about commissions or splits; that is between the Agents and their Brokers: You may want to contact your Agent's Broker, (Your Broker) and tell him what is going on; it may be emberrassingly simple, like and illness or a death in his family.

Good luck and may God bless
Your first step would be to call the broker. Call the real estate agent's office and ask for the broker or manager and explain the situation to him or her. Good luck.