Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

agambrell360, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

I am in search of landlords who would be willing to waive credit checks in order to rent/lease from them..

Asked by agambrell360, Los Angeles, CA Wed Dec 19, 2012

Answers

4
Keep in mind MOST landlords who value and care for their property will want to check the credit of anyone they rent/lease to.

Landlords who do not, may not be very good at keeping the property up... You may find you have a hard time gettimg repairs done or even basic upkeep.

My advise to you is , if you have less then good credit inform the landlord upfront. Tell them what they will find on your credit report, better yet provide them with a copyof your credit report .
Explain why your creidt is weak. Maybe you have been unemployeed or under employeed, maybe you have been ill ect..

Your credit report reveals some info on you, but it does not tell your full story. Just be open and honest, you may get a good landlord who understands that soemtimes bad things happen to good people and they just may give you a chance.

Much Success to You!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
I know someone who lost their home to foreclosure just weeks ago and they have just rented a home. They found it on Craigslist. They were completely honest about their horrible credit due to the foreclosure. They signed a 2 year lease and they offered a higher than normal security deposit.

It can be done, good luck.
Dear Agambrell,

I think you will have difficulties even with large complexes without credit. Your best bet is to have a family member co-sign the lease.
If you're asking for no credit checks that already says either you don't have enough credit established or you have horrible credit. You have two choices before you can ask a landlord to waive credit check. One is get a co signer...not likely to happen or second is pay for your lease term in advance.