=^..^=, Home Buyer in 77356

I am going to buy a home from a friend.

Asked by =^..^=, 77356 Thu May 28, 2009

My friend is selling their home. I want it. How can I buy it for the least amount of closing costs? We don't have realtors, agree on a price, and want to know how to close. It is in Montgomery, Texas. Any advice?

Answers

1
Well, I can tell you that most third party fees are going to be set by outside sources so there is not too much you can do about those other than dealing with the least expensive title companies, attorneys, etc.

What you should be most concerned about are the lender fees: Origination, Points, Underwriting, Processing, etc. You want to make sure that these are as little as possible while you don't sacrifice on the interest rate. One of the things that I love about working for B of A is that I do not have to charge any origination or points and my rates are better than where I was before. Currently, the rate on an FHA loan is around 5.375% - with no points, orig etc. The only other fee is a $550 lender fee. Pretty cheap in my opinion. Some lenders and brokers may charge points/origination on top of the base rate but that is strictly profit. You should not pay points unless you are confident that you are getting an interest rate below market through paying those points.

Anyway, I hope that helps. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact me.

Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
828-777-8828
luke.allison@bankofamerica.com