Mor1179, Home Buyer in Belle Harbor, NY

I am getting ready to sell my 2 family home and buy a condo. My question is if I use a real estate broker for both transactions what % should they get

Asked by Mor1179, Belle Harbor, NY Fri Sep 21, 2012

Answers

7
Hi Mort, you will pay the commission when you sell, but shouldn't when you buy. Interview a few agents and ask them if they will give you a discount on the listing commission on your home if you agree to also purchase the condo through them. Commissions are negotiable and will vary from agent to agent, some agents have more flexibility in what they can charge than others.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 21, 2012
Hi. In New Jersey the seller pays the commission. So you would be only responsible to pay a commission on your sale. As the buyer of the condo the seller of the condo would be responsible for the commission to the broker. I hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 21, 2012
Hello Mor1179. I commend you for your interest in selling your home. We are seeing home prices rise here on Long Island, as well as Queens. Your question is very common. However, I cannot give you a solid answer. All Brokers have their own way of doing things, and thus--their commission rates will reflect their services. Commission is always negotiable between Broker, and you; the client. Please remember, that you get what you pay for, and I strongly suggest that you choose someone to represent you who is in Real Estate full-time. Set up a no obligation consultation with a few agents, and see what they can offer you, in addition to their fees. Pick the one that you feel will work hardest for you, and has your best interest at heart.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
First find the Realtor you are most comfortable to work with, thru a thorough interview and a background check of the company the individual agent is associated with.

Then its a matter of negotiating services needed relative to commission.

It would not be proper for me to mention percentages in this forum, but it is my practice to be able to give and take in a working relationship with a seller / buyer who counts and trusts you to perform a professional job.

Good Luck !

Joseph Asaro, ABR, CBR

NYS Real Estate Agent

Century21 AA Reakty Inc.

Cell 516 410 - 5818
Do not employ a Realtor based on their commissions. Interview a few, get written Marketing Plans, and be sure you will be able to work with the individual.

After you have decided upon the Realtor, only then should you ask what they charge.

My agents and I would love to interview for the position.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
718-928-9580
I would be happy to work for you. please give me a call Fajardo Delacruz 347 932-0609
Commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards; therefore choose your agent with care and not by commission alone.
I have no idea what the going rate is., so it's hard to know where to start.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012