Malinda, Home Buyer in washington state

I am getting ready to close on a house and the seller has tenants in the house and no one will tell me when

Asked by Malinda, washington state Thu Oct 16, 2008

they are to be out. I close friday and need to know what to do can someone please help.

Answers

4
You really need to have this resolved in writing before signing closing papers. I would negotiate an extension of the closing date if you do not resolve the issue by the end of the day!
When you talk to the lawyer, ask him about the tenants lease hold on the property. If you kick them out and they do have a valid lease...you could be in trouble. Get your agent to ask their broker, as the company's attorney. I know of a real estate attorney out in seattle ...all you really need i think is a phone consult.
Have you discussed this with your agent? He/she should be on top of it. However discusssing it with a lawyer may be your next recourse. Your agent may also have a contact as well. As Kary said, you need to move fast, BEFORE closing...
I'd suggest you find a real estate attorney in your area to answer your questions--before you close. Unfortunately, I don't know any in that area.