Home Buying in Pelham>Question Details

Sahsa, Home Buyer in New Hampshire

I am from another country and english is not my 1st language. I was told that I was signing a depoist but it

Asked by Sahsa, New Hampshire Tue Dec 4, 2007

actually ended up being a purchase and sale agreement? Can I do anything about this? I was not understanding the forms until I had them reviewed.

Answers

3
Mike Kelly & Allison Norman’s answer
Sasha, I read your other post also and am at a loss why you would even SIGN anything without having counsel THERE on the spot! I have seen many buyers in our area who could not even read their native language, yes, illiterate in their own language, actually sign an agreement in English interpreted by someone having a vested interest in the process!! In California our contracts are often referred to as a "deposit receipt". Why don't you break down and seek an attorney who speaks your native language.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2007
Sahsa,
I'm a little confused. You're putting out several different reasons why you're backing out of buying this home. I just responded to your other post that states the home was misadvertised on the MLS. I would love to advise you but without knowing what is actually going on I'm afraid to even comment. I would recommend talking to your agent, if you had one. He will be able to advise you. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2007
Sasha. I think a person in your predicament would be well advised to seek the counsel of an attorney.