Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

sales.contro…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I am foreigner, I have a tourist visa to US for 10 years, i would like to buy a townhouse, is it possible for non US residence

Asked by sales.controls, Los Angeles, CA Sat Apr 5, 2014

I am currently in Dubai, what is the procedure for foreigners

Help the community by answering this question:


Absolutely. We have many foreign national clients. We have conventional U.S. lenders who will finance a purchase for a foreign national. U.S. residency is not required.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 24, 2014
Yes, Here in America even a foreign felon can buy a home!
Money talks BS walks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 12, 2014
Yes that is possible.

Even if you can't come to US from Dubai during escrow processing, You can use POA.

Usually escrow closing in 2 weeks with full cash purchase and 30 days with loan.

If you are considering mortgage loan,most lender requires Passport,40% down of purchase price and US bank account that shows full amount of down payment.

Those r normal processing
so you might have additional question,please feel free to contact me at any time by email.

Aryun kim
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 9, 2014
Hi call this number, he can help you to buy a house, he is very honest person and also helped me to sell my apartment.
310 903 3054
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 8, 2014
If you are seeking a home loan in the United States there is one loan for non-citizens that you should consider, a Foreign National Loan. These loans are meant for non-residences/citizens seeking a home loan in the United States. Also, this type of loan usually requires about 35% down depending on the documents the borrower has available (such as ITIN, VISA, etc.). It can also be more if the borrower is seeking a high loan amount. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender like myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 8, 2014
Yes it is possible , I would look in the area that you want to purchase in & speak with 2-3 agents, if you are getting any loan you may want to speak with a lender to get pre- approved before you start looking You can ask the agent you decide to work with to help you with your loan shopping .Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 5, 2014
The United States government actually places very few restrictions of foreign nationals owning property and actually encourages it. This does not in any way change visa or visitation regulations.

Begin by identifying an agent that can provide sample property from the area you are interested in. They will be able to guide you through the buying process.

Good luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 5, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer