Home Buying in Dumont>Question Details

Myfirsthomei…, Home Buyer in

I am first time home buyer and planning to buy home in bergen county. The home prices in Dumont, NJ seemed very affordable

Asked by Myfirsthomeinnj%40gmail.com, Sat Sep 8, 2012

I am first time home buyer and planning to buy home in bergen county. The home prices in Dumont, NJ seemed very affordable and the schools are good too. I do not understand the catch. Why the prices are low even when the schools are good. Can someone answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Answers

5
I AM DOING AN OPEN HOUSE ON SUNDAY FROM 1-3 ON WASHINGTON AVE IN DUMONT..3 br COLONIAL , HOPE TO SEE YOU! I HAVE LIVED IN THIS TOWN FOR 40 YRS AND FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS, LORI COURTNEY/LORICOURTNEYREALTOR@GMAIL.COM
No catch, just fortunate timing and perhaps slightly higher taxes. Check my web site if you'd like to discuss financing. You should spend an hour or two with a real estate team -- loan originator and realtor. There are a lot of things that should be discussed with you to get you ready for this very exciting experience! Obviously I have an excellent realtor with whom I work. We closed on a purchase for a very nervous first time home buyer yesterday in Teaneck, 2 towns south of Dumont. Let's get together and talk!

http://www.lizsantos.rhfunding.com
Yes, Dumont is a great town to live. This is a best time of the year to get the best prices on the houses. If you are interested in seeing houses in Dumont contact an experienced agent who is working in Bergen county and they will be able to help you find the right house for the right price. The interest rates are really low and there are some very good deals out there during this time of the year. If you need any help in finding a good house call me or email me. I am a full time real estate agent working in Dumont. My cell phone number is 201-566-2116 and my email address is arunthomaspadath@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Yes, Dumont is a great place to live in and prices are good. It is just a good time to get into a home right now, interest is lower than ever homes are as low as they can get. Dumont is good town for commuters and as you can note from the listings there are many affordable homes on the market, most of them in need of some work with lots of potential and others are in move in condition but maybe short sales or you may just get lucky and find the perfect house, no secret or catch just start your home search through an experienced agent and you will soon have a place to call home. Good luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Because for the most part the houses are smaller and older and in many cases are in need of some modernization but its a good town for the first time home buyer as a result. Commuting is reasonable as well.
I will be out there next week with a young couple who are looking to get into the house buying experience. and they have hit on Dumont for the very reasons you cite.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012