Home Buying in Knoxville>Question Details

Miles, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I am currently in the military and i plan on moving to out skirts if knoxville want 5 acres and a nice house under 150,000 any help?

Asked by Miles, San Diego, CA Tue Jan 25, 2011

Answers

20
Hey Miles, I also moved to Knoxville about 6 years ago though a Military move and have made this our home. I hope you find everyone in this town to be as friendly as we did. Im sure by now your used to the moving process and I always thanked the Navy for their moving assistance. Ha! Packing was never my thing! So I welcome you and if there is any way I can ease this transition for you please feel free to call me anytime!

Check out my websites for property searches:
brandieadeshomes.com (mls listings and my bio)
knoxvillehudhomes.com (search for HUD owned homes)

Brandi Eades
865-850-9545

WELCOME!!
Miles--As you can tell, there have been quite a few agents respond to your inquiry and everyone is offering some good ideas for you , but I decided, instead of me telling you what I can do for you, I would let a few of my past Client testimonials speak for me and then you can make the decision about who in Knoxville you want working for you:

"Starting out, I was unsure about how to choose a good real estate agent. I feel lucky that at the time I was beginning to shop for a home, David had just become a licensed realtor. As my realtor, David worked nearly nonstop to find the right home for me. He understood exactly what I was looking for, knowing instinctively what would fit me best, all while keeping my price range in consideration. Needless to say, David met my expectations to the fullest with his tireless work ethic and drive to find the right home for me. When we first walked into my new home of two months now, we both knew it was the perfect fit. I have no doubt that David will find the right home for anyone. His winning personality along with his knowledge of homes, the housing market, and the necessary tools needed to be a successful real estate agent makes him easy to recommend for anyone looking for a new home." -Amanda Rhea

"I happened to find David Gibson's name on the internet while looking for houses. The first was when we tried to place a bid for a house on auction which we didn't get. That started David being our realtor in our house hunting. He was so dedicated to us and knows how to adjust whatever convenient time we are available otherwise he goes to where you at just to get some paper work done. During the course of negotiation he did a very good job. There was a $1,000 cost of repair that the seller agreed to pay us but during the house inspection the inspector said that the house needs no repair, it's in good condition. David fought back to put the $1,000 towards closing cost instead. We were so thankful for what he did, that $1,000 was a big help for us.
Certainly I would highly recommend David to a friend, based on our experience he knows what a realtor needs to do. --Raul&Ophelia Basa

"David Gibson,where does one start?! Lets start by describing him.Dedicated,Determined,Loyal,Go getter, Tireless,Saint. We started working with another agent and were being told NO all the time because the houses were not FHA approved. We were looking on Craig's List and came across an ad for a HUD home and it was Dave's listing. I called him and the rest is history. We are in a home that we were told was not FHA approved by the other agent . Dave got it done and we have the house. We lived in CT and were relocating to TN which proved to be an issue for others but not Dave Gibson. He has gone above and beyond all others,little things that he did not have to do to get us in the house. He went to the house and painted a wall for us for the FHA Inspection. Believe me if you have been told NO in the past, contact David, he will get it done or die trying. We will tell everyone we know that wants to buy a house to call Rocky Top Realty in Knoxville and ask for David Gibson. You can call him any time of day or night seven days a week he will answer or get back to you within an hour,even if he is home sick. We will never be able to thank him enough for all he has done."

Thanks and God Bless,Liz,Laura and Felisha

Please contact me ASAP and let me help you in your endeavor!

David Gibson
865-566-1216
dgibson@rockytoprealty.com
I will be happy to assist you in finding your perfect new home. You may go to my website at tcox@exitrealtyknoxville.com and view all the listings in our Multiple Listing Service. Once you sign up on the site, I will be able to send you daily, bi-weekly, or weekly listings of all properties that meet your criteria. You may also phone me if you would like to speak to a person.

Tommie Cox
Real Estate Specialist
Exit Realty Knoxville
(865) 690-4300
I am currently working a buyer in Florida who is looking for the exact same thing. There are a few out there, most need a bit of work. I have visited them am familiar with them and would be happy to show them to you both via email & in person. Shoot me an email and I'll forward them to you. Cheryl Hatfield 865-386-8563
Tips4sale@aol.com

Best of luck to you !
Miles, Your best bargains and lower cost of living are on the Cumberland Plateau about an hour from Knoxville. I'm a Buyer's agent and Veteran with 38 years of award winning experience in this area selling retirees. If I can help with anything between Sevierville to Cookeville, holler and I'll save you time, money, and hassle. You're gonna love it here. Don't make yourself a stranger. DAVE 931-529-1431
Miles,

There are many good agents in the Knoxville area that can help you find the perfect house. Find one that you feel comfortable with and let them go to work for you to find the house you want to buy. If you haven't already started working with one please contact me and lets see if I can help you find a house. Please feel free to use our Home Search Engine at http://www.Knoxville-Fine-Homes.com and select me under the Agent list. You can contact me at Greg.Reynolds@Envirian.com.

Greg Reynolds
I can help you find what you are looking for. When are you looking to buy? What size house are you looking for? I.e. how many bedrooms? I need you e-mail address so I can send you links to listings. Can I reach you by phone?

Carl Peiers
carl.peiers@century21.com
The Knoxville area market has stablilized price wise and with your criteria there is value to be found. East and north of Knoxville you will find lower prices than west and south. If you have more criteria to present email me and I can do an extensive search for you. Marty
Hi Miles,
There are definitely houses in the areas surrounding Knoxville that would fit your needs. I would need a little more information from you to get you started on a search. Tennessee has a program to help develop rural areas offered through the USDA . To summarize the program, you can get a loan for a qualifying property with no money down. Click the following link to learn more and see the areas that qualify (http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do). By purchasing your house through the Rural Development program you could still buy a house with 0% down plus save your VA certificate and use it at a later date for an investment property perhaps. I hope this helped and please don't hesitate to call if you have any further questions.

Tammy Parmentier, Realtor
865.250.1358
hello MIles,
First off let me thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am the mother of five and I truly admire what your doing. My son is planning on the Army.
Now let me say that I dont want to put on here how I can serve you in return with your home search. I will just say that if your looking for a Realtor who listens and will treat you the way they expect to be treated then you have the one right here.
Feel free to call or email me at your convience. Have a blessed evening and I hope you are led to the one that will best meet your needs.
Thanks and God Bless,
Tammy J. Smith
Tennessee Valley Realty Associates
301 S. Gallaher View Suite 113
Knoxville, TN 37919
(865)455-6168 Cell
(865)405-8228 Office
Hi Miles,
Holy Cow! 9 answers already. So, I'm guessing by now you have gotten the answer to your question....yes, it is not only possible but highly likely that you can achieve your dream. Of course, there are a couple of variables here that you need to work on....what is "outskirts?" and what is "nice."

As you can see there are a lot of competent people here that are ready, willing and able to provide you with all of the help you need. My suggestion...talk with some of us and see who you feel comfortable with adding to your team and then let us, as professional house hunters, work our magic.

Like all of the others I'd be happy to talk, or email, with you to identify the details of your dream so I can help you build a stairway to it.

Best Wishes,

Bob Evridge
Dream Facilitator

REALTOR®, Broker, e-PRO,GRI
Hop Bailey Co.
310 Forest Park Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37919
"The Extra Mile Is Never Extra"
865-660-0198 DIRECT
865-684-4899 FAX
MailTo:Bob@BobEvridge.com
http://www.BobEvridge.com
http://knoxcastles.com
Web Reference: http://www.BobEvridge.com
I have found 30 properties that fit your criteria (from your question) go to:
http://www.linkedin.com/share?viewLink=&sid=s235764183&a…

and look at MLS #'s: 739850, 736585, 740710, 726772, 733841, 718329, 729805, 727343, 735013, 662993, 732949, 733049, 727590, 726768, 737275, 715827, 726670, 742399, 740299, 729864, 719931, 733926, 740400, 737067, 736882, 744523, 732204, 735811, 718100, 730947

Here are 3 lenders to talk to about obtaining a VA loan versus a conventional loan. You will have a 2.75% or more (depends on whether or not this is your 1st, 2nd or 3rd, etc... VA loan) fee but you will not have PMI:
1) http://www.migonline.com/Jeff.Seagraves
2) https://www.suntrustmortgage.com/loanofficer.asp?mrhea
3) http://www.bbt.com/bbt/mortgage/bbt-mortgage-loan-officer.ht…

Mike Newton, Broker
865.694.5904 (o)
865.332.0164 (c)
mikenewton@kw.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaeljnewton
I am excited to see that so many Keller Williams agents have responded to your inquiry. My husband served our country for 22 years before retiring from the Army in 1998. Thank you for your service.
I too would be honored to assist you
with your home search. I would love to know exactly what is on your wish list.
as far as your home needs are concerned. I can compile a list of
homes to meet your parameters and email them to you as well. You can also visit my website at
http://www.catrinafoster .com
Please feel free to contact me directly
at 865-414-9901 or email me at catrinafoster@gmail.com
What ever you decide, I am sure that you will be well taken care of.
Catrina Foster
Serving the Knoxville and surrounding communities
I was in the ARMY from 1992 to 1998 and can discuss VA loans and if you will provide me with your email address, I can email you any and all properties that fit the criteria you have stated. I live and work in Knoxville, TN. Check out what I am about and my experience at LinkedIn (link provided below).

Mike Newton, Broker
865.694.5904 (o)
865.332.0164 (c)
mikenewton@kw.com
Just heard of someone in the same situation who did just that. He even got his $8,000 and a VA loan.
I grew up in the Knoxville area in the "out skirts" and now live in Nashville. I still love this sweet area of the world. The places I'd encourage you to investigate for the acreage at your price point are:

Clinton, TN (north of Knoxville)
Jefferson City, TN (east of Knoxville)
Norris/Andersonville, TN (north of Knoxville, but may be tough at that budget)
Maynardville, TN (northeast)
LaFollette, TN (north)
Kingston/Harriman (west, but may be tough at that budget)

Let me know if you need help finding a good agent in that area.
Miles,

I would be happy to assist you in your home search. There are many properties in the area that would match your requirements. Please feel free to check out my website - http://www.conniebrodish.com and start searching the many listin on the "Search" button. Better yet, send me an email and let me know what your specifications are and I can hone down the many listings for you.

I love to work with buyers and would be happy to asist you!

Constance Brodish
connie@conniebrodish.com
865-406-4472
Hello Miles,
Yes, I can Help. East Tennessee is an Active Market. The properties you describe are available, from time to time, and go fairly quickly in this price range. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, and if I can be of any further assistance. Thanks Again.

Andrew Pacillo
Realtor Affiliate Broker
Buyers Agent
865-773-2401
AndrewPacillo@Century21.com
Hello Miles,

To answer your question, Knoxville has a lot of wonderful surrounding areas that should be able to meet your needs. I would be more than happy to assist you when you are ready. I can also send you some properties via email, all I need is an email address to send them to. I can be reached at soldbymarycampbell@yahoo.com or cell 865-964-5658. You can also go to my website to search for homes at your own leisure at http://www.soldbymarycampbell.com.

Let me know if you are going to be in the Knoxville area and I would be happy to help you out. I look forward to hearing from you regarding your upcoming plans.

Stay well,

Mary Campbell
Hello Miles,

There are a lot of wonderful areas outside of the Knoxville area. I'm sure we can find something that fits your needs. Let me know when you are going to be in the Knoxville and I would be more than happy to help. In the meantime, I can send you some homes via email. I can be reached at soldbymarycampbell@yahoo.com or you can go to my website http://www.soldbymarycampbell.com to search for homes.

I look forward to talking to you soon!

Stay well,

Mary Campbell
865-964-5658