Karla, Home Buyer in Ohio

I am considering moving to Georgia from Ohio. My credit is good as well as my debt/income ratio. I am

Asked by Karla, Ohio Wed Sep 17, 2008

currently renting an apartment and am employed in Ohio. I figured my best bet would be to get a home in Georgia while I am still living here (rather than move to Georgia, rent a few months while I find a home). My concern is if a mortgage would be difficult to get considering the obvious move and possibility of employment struggle (although I have a big financial cusion to carry me until employment is found in Georgia). Will this be a problem with getting a loan (while still employed in Ohio)?

Answers

2
I am not a business/real estate person, just individual with some ideas. If you would like to email me at mfergu3@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 11, 2008
Karla,
Well a mortgage banker would be the best avenue to find this out. A) if you buy now while living in Ohio you are going to have to get a loan for either a second home (vacation or investment property) Since you will not be declaring it as your primary residence. But, as I stated a mortgage professional would be better to answer your question.