Lloyd, Home Buyer in California

I am considering buying my first home in the Las Vegas area. Can any of you tell me which areas to avoid buying a house in?

Asked by Lloyd, California Tue Apr 9, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3058956564-The-Cottages-at-Ce…

Answers

2
The issue is rather what are you looking for in a home and what amenities do you want in the area that you live in.
If you work with a buyers agent they can help you find the items that interest you; schools, shopping, dining, easy highway access, close to work, parks, playgrounds, HOA's and their fees, (or not) gated communities, golf. Everyone has different needs and desires, so what I avoided (congestion and heavy traffic) may not be what is bothersome to you.
I moved to Aliante, which is also in North Las Vegas, because it had every amenity that we were looking for, and the house had every item on our must have AND want list. I would suggest that you scope out the area, and make sure you like the surrounding area. I have heard that some of the homes up that way (by the address you posted) are affected by the odor from the farms in the area, but I do not live there so I can not personally attest to that. Good luck!
I am a Realtor in Las Vegas for the past 19 plus years and specialize in Buyers moving to our great city and looking for the perfect home, area, schools etc. Call me. My name is Maris and I am with Urban Nest Realty at 702-768-7420.