Home Buying in Baldwin Park>Question Details

Mark, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

I am considering buying a smaller condo/townhouse in Baldwin Park. what should I know about Enders Place?

Asked by Mark, Orlando, FL Thu May 15, 2008

I am considering buying a smaller condo / townhouse in Baldwin Park. what should I know about Enders Place?

I am considering buying a smaller condo / townhouse in Baldwin Park. I was looking at Enders Place which are apartment conversions, and have read about the different pros and cons with buying a converted condo. Is there anything important I should know about these properties that I need to take into consideration?

Answers

3
Only that they are the least expensive condo's in Baldwin park. I usually stay away from Condo-Conversions as they were built with less emphasis on long term durability and quality. I'm not quite sure if there are many sound prevention measures that were put between neighbors, that would be one of the biggest things I'd be concerned about.
Take into consideration you will be living in a mostly rented complex. In fact many of the units that are for sale now are rented out. If you have a few extra bucks, I'd go for one of the condo's or townhomes in baldwin that were built as such. If Enders is what you can afford though, and you must be in Baldwin Park, just choose a unit away from the street and enjoy. "The Condo Store" handles sales direct from the builder and I beleive they are offering to pay all or most of your closing cost right now. I always recommend personal representation when dealing with any seller (since it's free to you), so if you need any help, don't hesitate to contact me.
GregMTraub@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.gregtraub.com
Hi Mark, yes there are certain concerns both with condos and condo conversions. As Orlando's only "condo-only" buyer-brokerage we'd be happy to help you navigate the maze. And as a buyer it won't cost you a penny! Check out our website below or you can go directly to our Enders link here:
http://www.condometropolis.com/resultpics.php?id=484&Nam…
Mark,
If this is a concern for you ( condo conversion) and it should, you need to be aware of the investment vs primary residence ratio. If the investor ratio is such that the units are mostly investor owned the lending institutions may not even be interested. Condo's unfortunately are so over built that their value has plummeted and the result is there are many to choose from and the price is more affordable now. Also be aware of the HOA's Ender's has 2 ,a semi annual of $288 and a monthly of $220. Lastly and I am not sure if this is an issue or not but enders is next to Bennet rd, there is a fair amount of traffic on Bennet,but that may also be a convenience as well.
Hope this helps.
Rick.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008