Home Buying in Lewes>Question Details

KHFactor, Home Buyer in Lewes, DE

I am considering buying a second home (future retirement) near US #1 and Route 9 in Lewes, DE. Looking for some advice

Asked by KHFactor, Lewes, DE Thu Sep 20, 2012

My preference is like 5 mile radius with centered at US #1 & 9. MLS info is confusing. How to tell the data in MLS is actual home, not a lot where a builder will build one for you ??/

Answers

5
Several communities that would fit your description. What is most important to you?

Warm Regards,

Dustin
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
It's December 30, 2012 , some 3 -1/2month since this question was posted, and you are just replying to the post? Incredible...
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012
Dear KH,

You have identified a very popular area with no shortage of housing options. Are you interested in new home or pre-existing home? Have you actually looked at homes or just searching online? If you have looked at homes there was a Realtor involved and they should be able to direct you.

Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Bethany Beach, De. 19930
302-829-9068
chris@5starbeachhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
I have worked with many folks like yourself that are retiring to the beach area and would be happy to send you listings of homes that may meet your criteria. There are some great buys out there! Let me know if I can assist, I would be happy to. We cover from Wilmington to the Beaches and I am very familiar with the Lewes area.
First of all if you are looking for a pre existing home (resale), and you are looking at a MLS fact sheet it will not say TO BE BUILT on the fact sheet. Secondly you should look at HOA fees and also make sure you are buying something in Fee Simple ( means you own the land outright). There are many communities within a 5 mile radius that offer ammenties such as a Community Center and community pool with reasonable fees. Obviously, your decision will be price driven on what communities would fit your budget. Here are some of the communities I would recommend. Vincent Overlook, Henlopen landing, Villages of Five Points East, Mill Pond Acres, Edgewater Estates, Oakwood Village, Summercrest, Saw Grass At White Oak Creek, Overbrook Shores, Pondview Estates, Covington Chase, Oyster Rock, Osprey Landing. All these communities fit those parameters. Nassau Grove would also be a consideration, except it is in a co-op situation not fee simple. If you are looking for a townhome, then you will have many more options.
Hello, I am happy to assist you in your search. I can send you listings that match your search criteria if you would like