Home Buying in New Milford>Question Details

Alex Wong, Home Buyer in Bergenfield, NJ

I am considering buying a home near South Park Drive and Columbia St in New Milford. Is this a flood zone and if not has it experienced flooding?

Asked by Alex Wong, Bergenfield, NJ Thu May 9, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3059450254-138-S-Park-Dr-New-…

Answers

6
Hi Alex,
Try this website:

http://freeflood.net/

Brian
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 9, 2013
I just purchased a home on columbia. moving in this month. did you end up buying? if so, how are you liking it?
Many parts of Columbia St. in New Milford are in 100 year flood zone. What this means is that your lender would probably require you to purchase a flood insurance policy as a condition of getting a mortgage.

I live in New Milford and am very familiar with it and surrounding towns. If you have any questions, please call me at 201-519-7980.
Thanks everyone for your input and advice, very helpful!
Parts of Columbia are in a 100 year flood zone. As such, your lender would probably require you to purchase a flood insurance policy--something your insurance professional can help you with.

If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at 201-519-7980 or email me at:
JimSellsBergenCounty@Gmail.com

Best Wishes!

Jim Brooks
Broker Associate/REALTOR
Prominent Properties/Sotheby's
Your buyers' agent has access to this information through the NJMLS listing...however I did look it up myself and the house in question is not in a flood plain. You should ask your realtor to look it up and show you the flood plain map for the whole neighborhood.