connie_ching…, Other/Just Looking in

I am considering buying a condo in kensington, has anyone heard of any issues with the following architechs/

Asked by connie_ching2003, Sat May 23, 2009

buildings?
235 Ocean parkway Issac & Stern
601 OCean Parkway- "The Caroline" by Karl Fischer

Answers

2
Alen Moshkovich’s answer
Hi Connie,

I'm not sure who Issac & Stern are. I do know that they are based in the city and are small time developers in comparing to Karl Fischer. Karl is a renowned architect who has an impressive portfolio with projects all across Brooklyn, Manhattan and Canada.
I will try to shine some light on what I know about these two buildings in question.
235 Ocean Parkway is more of a neutral condo building in appearance that easily blends into its surrounding area.
I believe it has 12 Residential units and 4 commercial units.
If my information is correct there are only 3 apartments that have signed contracts, and 1 unit sold.
Ceiling height is on the low side with only 8 feet.

601 Ocean Parkway is more of a modern building, a whole different aesthetic. It's also a larger building with 26 apartments out of which only 2 have a signed contract and 3 have an accepted offer which may or may not lead to a contract. It has a 14 car garage, storage area among other amenities.
These apartments are slightly smaller than in the 235 building and 2 bedrooms are also more expensive in 601.

Connie, you have to decide if you prefer to live in a building that’s larger or smaller. Are amenities important to you? Do you like the block the building is sitting on? One has a garage while the other does not, and if you live in Brooklyn Kensington area, you know that it's not always easy to find parking during the day. I used to go to Kensington Aerobics and Fitness on East 2nd, across from Mobile Gas Station. I know firsthand how stressful it can be.
It's a very nice area; I sold a Coop on Ave C and Ocean Parkway last winter and my client loves it.
Being that these two buildings are new developments, majority of banks require 50% of the building to be sold before they will consider lending to a purchaser. Other banks require as much as 75% of the building to be sold before lending. All of this will come into play. It may be that these buildings have been pre-approved by a lender already, which will ease the process considerably.
235 Ocean Parkway has 4 commercial units for sale. Banks tend to look at that under a negative light.

Connie, feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Kind Regards,
~Alen
I have some great condos available on Parkville Ave off of Ocean Parkway. Check out my website and look under condos.
Web Reference: http://www.KandHhoems.com