Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Vanessa Hami…, Other/Just Looking in Bayside, Queens, NY

I am considering buying a condo either on Pharr Rd. near the new Streets of Buckhead or in a Green

Asked by Vanessa Hamilton, Bayside, Queens, NY Tue Mar 31, 2009

development Cabbagetown near Oakland Cemetery. Which is the better choice? Any thoughts?

Answers

12
Vannessa I'd think long and hard about buying a condo in Atlanta - regardless of location. The condo market here is a train wreck and will be for years to come. Unless you steal it and understand that when it's time to sell it will have a hard time I'd stick to single fam detached if possible. There will be distressed condos for sale for years and years to come.

If it has to be a condo, then the lesser of all evils will be along Pharr Road, at least you have better market appeal in that area and a retail presence.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
Vanessa,

You owe it to yourself to find out about the money available to first time home buyers in Metro Atlanta. Money is actually available specifically for the Cabbagetown area of Atlanta. The City of Atlanta is also one of the few municipalities that still has down payment assistance too. Keep up to speed with many of the programs still available in the metro area by reading my blog below.

Please call me if I can be of assistance.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / Consultant - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Vanessa,

I would like to talk with you and gather more information so I can better advise you.

Please feel free to call me at 404-797-9907 so we can discuss further.

There are many factors to take into consideration when making a decision to purchase a home.

Anthony Acosta, Jr.
Harry Norman Realtors
404-797-9907
Vanessa,

I would choose the Buckhead area.

Consider your options for purchasing a single family home instead of a Condo or Townhome.
Good Morning Vanessa,

This is an ideal time to buy a new home . There are great deals on wonderful properties in the Buckhead Area and throughout Metro Atlanta. Also, with interest rates at historic lows home ownership is ideal. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to be your buyers agent. To learn more about me please visit my website at http://www.rickpaynesold.com. Especially, preview my statement "About Me" and the other information on my website. Hopefully this will give you a better understanding about me as a real estate consultant. My goal is simple. To find you that perfect condo in your ideal location.

My contact inforation is 678-427-5512 (cell) or repayne7@bellsouth.net(email).

I look forward to hearing back from you in the near future.

Rick Payne,
Web Reference: http://rickpaynesold.com
Buckhead is considered the "Beverly Hills of the South" and the new streets of Buckhead is Rodeo Drive revisited. That would be my lst choice.

Here is my analysis of the Pros and Cons of owning a condo ITP (Inside the Perimeter)
PROS: Location, location, location. ITP is the destination of choice for young professionals
(think Friends TV show). Many Fortune 100 businesses are located ITP.
Easy to rent if you could not sell.
CONS: High-rise buildings have exorbitant HOA fees and limited parking

I would suggest that you start working with a Buyer's Agent who knows the community well. With 25 years' experience in residential real estate in Metro Atlanta, I would love to share with you what I have learned
and guide you in the home buying process.

With kindest regards,

Sandra Wills
Broker/Owner
Wills & Associates
770-476-0328
There are many factors which you need to use to consider buying a condo in Atlanta. The most important are the comps of other units in the building which have sold, what the % of occupancy is in a particular building, the number of foreclosures in a particular building as well as other concerns. I see you are still in Bayside. Please consult a RE expert before you make a decision. Atlanta is a great place to live, and both Buckhead and Cabbage Town/Grant Park are fantastic places to live, but you will need guidance.
Web Reference: http://www.muzzyhome.com
There are alot of things you will want to evaluate in making that decision. Are these both new construction? What % is sold? Is the builder stable? What are the comps selling for? What is the average days on market of sold comps? And I have a few other questions...

Would love to discuss your options with you. I am a Buckhead native and know the area inside and out please let me know if I can help you out in your search.

Anna
Dear Vanessa,

You are in luck!!. We have a brand new listing in Eclipse on Pharr Rd in Buckhead. This is a two bedroom, two bath home overlooking the beautiful Streets of Buckhead development and it was just listed last week. It is in perfect condition and value priced.

This is a highly sought-after building and we have helped four of our clients find homes there in less than nine months and our listings have been on the market for an average of less than three weeks.

For additional details, here is the link:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/250-Pharr-R…

You may also find this listing by searching under MLS # 3878733 in REALTOR.com .

Call us soon at 770-722-0099 or 1-800-717-OWEN (6936) Nationwide Toll Free to arrange a showing or contact your REALTOR if you are represented by a Buyer's Agent.

Karen and Warren Owen

RE/MAX Communities
137 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta GA 30068

770-722-0099 Direct
1-800-717-OWEN (6936) Nationwide Toll Free Direct
1-866-903-1764 eFAX

770-955-2525 Office
770-955-3190 FAX

WarrenOwen@remax.net
KarenOwen@remax.net

See all our listings at:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search?agtid=54868
I wish you would have caught me a couple months ago. I sold a bank owned condo in the Matheson Loft Exchange and it was dirt cheap. I like Buckhead as my first choice of condo living. There are some great deals out there. If you are looking to move here, I'd love to to help you find the best deal possible. Give me a call if I can help.

David Brower, Assistant Manager/Realtor
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com
Web Reference: http://davidwbrower.com
Vanessa: You could not find a better time to buy a condo in BH! With historically low mortgage rates and home prices, there has not been a better time to invest in real estate! There are some of the best "deals" that I have seen in many years. But, (don't you hate when someone adds - but!), you need to be sure you have a great Buyer’s Agent that can help you with this complex process! For example, knowing how financially stable a condo association is, would be most important. Many associations have had trouble staying financially stable in this economy. You need an agent to protect you, so you don’t find yourself owing a huge fee to an association! Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in any way! Jim
Buckhead is always the right choice for resale.
Web Reference: http://www.dtbloans.com