Liverpool Fc, Home Buyer in Prospect Lefferts Ga...

I am considering buying a 2 bedroom condo in PLG right by the express 2 and 5 and on linden blvd., I am not too famialar with then area.

Asked by Liverpool Fc, Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn, NY Thu Oct 22, 2009

I checked it myself and it seemed quite safe. I know its hard to say but where do you think they neighborhood is heading?
any info from locals is appreciated

Rhonda Holt’s answer
Hello, a good way to know about the area is to drive around and to check for any new housing or commercial developments being added. Also you can have your agent check to see how much homes are being sold for in the area in this market. For safety purposes you can go to the local police station and get a report on crime in the area.

Rhonda Holt
Full TimeTop Sales Agent
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
Brooklyn, NY
Web Reference:
What Ms Rogers writes is correct EXCEPT that PLG includes the south side of Clarkson Avenue--not just the north side. A house on the south side was on the annual house tour the year before last.

Bob Marvin
I assume you're looking at 260 Linden Blvd. (Linden Plaza), described by the real estate agent listing it as, "located in picturesque and convenient Prospect Lefferts Gardens," which is COMPLETELY UNTRUE! Different zip code (most of PLG is 11225), different police precinct (again, most of PLG is the 71st; this area is the 67th I believe). PLG ends at the north side of Clarkson Ave and goes as far east as the west side of NY Ave. The 2 train, BTW, is not express in Brooklyn, just in Manhattan.

If you like the area and the apartment, and feel you're paying a good price, fine, but do not let anyone tell you this is PLG! I guess it's a sign that PLG is really hot since real estate agents are applying the name to anything even remotely close.