scobie_kl, Home Owner in Troy, MI

I am considering a second career selling real estate. What licensing / certifications are required to sell real estate in MI?

Asked by scobie_kl, Troy, MI Sun Sep 8, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


If you would like to speak with someone who can describe the entire process step by step, then please give me a call. There are several real estate schools in the area where you can complete your 40 hours of training by either attending class at the school or completing your classes on line. This is followed up with a state exam. But then what??

Most agents, after passing their exam, go into a broker and sign up to work at their brokerage. However, 40 hours of training is not enough to know what you are doing. It's just enough to be dangerous. You need to find a brokerage that takes you by the hand, walks you through what you need to do to be successful, and trains you further.

Give me a call and let's talk.

Kathy Persha, Associate Broker
Keller WIlliams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Good Morning!

You must take 40 hours of pre-licensing classes and pass the state test. I would recommend finding a Real Estate firm you want to work with. They can guide you best.

If you need to talk to someone give me a call and I'll be happy to assist.

Good Luck!

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer