Home Buying in South Beach>Question Details

Want To Live…, Home Buyer in Los Altos Hills, CA

I am consider to rent one of the condo in the South Beach for a year before I decide to buy, which building has the best value? to rent and buy both!

Asked by Want To Live In Los Altos Hills, Los Altos Hills, CA Mon Jun 6, 2011

Answers

5
As the #1 Broker in South Beach per MLS 2011 and 2012, I can confidently tell you; "It depends."

A lot of my clients like the Infinity. I think Metropolitan is undervalued.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
test test test test test test test test test test test test test test testtest test test test testtest test test test test
Hey there-

The key to any real estate purchase is knowing what your goals are. What kind of lifestyle are you looking for? Do you think you'll live in the unit first and then rent or vice versa? There are many factors but knowing your "plan" will help create the dialogue between you and your agent. tour as many properties as possible to see which fit best with that type of lifestyle you want.

It's best to use a full service agent and not one specically tied to a particular development. This allows true negotiations to take place and will get you the best deal. Also, having a realtor who does business all over SF gives you a much better and broader picture of what's happening in the world of SF real estate.

Good luck and I'm here if you need me.

Rich Bennett, Realtor
415.305.4911

Zephyr Real Estate
DRE#01358540
"Best value" is a subjective term. My answer would be based on answers to questions about your lifestyle and goals. In my view, the larger complex condo buildings are a bad investment for a lot of reasons, but primarily because when you go to sell you are often competing against other units in the building, and if someone decides to fire sale their unit you have an ugly comp to deal with. Many buyers of these units got killed on value over the last few years.

Additionally, the higher amount you put towards HOA fees could be put into a mortgage payment in a smaller building.

If you want help, find an experienced agent/broker to help you.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
South Beach has much to offer. How familiar are you with the buildings there? Have you toured many units? Have you lived in SF before? If so, when and for how long?

If you are considering renting and then buying, I suggest taking an extensive tour of several properties over at least 2 or 3 weekends with your realtor. That will be the best way to make an informed decision.

Active listings for South Beach:
http://www.mlsfinder.com/ca_sfar/oggikashi/index.cfm?action=…

South Beach Market:
http://www.altosresearch.com/paragon/latest/paragon_market_u…

Oggi Kashi
Paragon Real Estate Group
CA DRE 01844627
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/