Citrus Heigh…, Both Buyer and Seller in 95621

I am buying a mobile home in a park. Is there rent control ordinances in Citrus Heights. Any protection from the park to limit rent increases?

Asked by Citrus Heights Buymymobile, 95621 Mon May 28, 2012

I understand increases occur but it is a senior pak and as I get closer to retirement I would like my housing costs stabilized.

Answers

4
for example Lakeview Village has stringent policies on "who" they in although it is a 55+ community, My first meeting was with "joy" (definitly Not as friendly as her name, the first step is find a home bid and get accepted, the next step is an interview ; you MUST have a credit score of 720 and make 3 times the amount of leasing the property $750.

The social association are NOT as friendly as they try to be, although you do not have to participate, becarefull of being ostracized for such behavior.

Rent control can be changed at this location
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
wow! I was there yesterday driving around. Very nice area. Guess I better keep looking :/ thanks for the info....Deb L.
Flag Mon Oct 21, 2013
There are not any rent controls in the Sacramento area. However If you sign a lease when you move in. it will give you a cap on the increase per year. Usually 4% max. I just received my increase notice and it was 3%. I live in a mobile home in Citrus Heights. I am also a Mobile Home Dealer & REALTOR@ in the area. Please give me a call at my office or at home and I will help you with any questions you may have.
Metro Mobile Homes / (Bringing buyers & sellers together since 1981)
Office: (916) 987-7006
Home: (916) 723-3312
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 28, 2012
I would definitely take Jim up on his offer to help you. As a manufactured home dealer, developer, general and manufactured home contractor and real estate broker I cannot express enough the importance of working with someone close to the area you want to live in.

Jim obviously fits the profile to a T being a local MH dealer and Realtor and the added value of actually owning and living in a manufactured home not to mention in the very park you are interested in is a huge value added and certainly worth considering.

Additionally, 3 to 4 percent per year increases a very fair and keep up or exceed the Consumer Price Index (CPI). It's actually the best of both worlds. In a rent controlled park/community that isn't allowed to adjust with the CPI you start seeing slowly evolving blight because the park/community owner can't afford to maintain the community to its highest standards.

Likewise if you're in a park with wild and uncontrolled rental increases, as I mentioned earlier, the higher the rent/lease the lower the value of your home. I can't tell you how many park/communities our maintenance crews work in everyday with exceedingly high rent where the value of the home has diminished far below its value.

My recommendation? Call Jim ASAP. Good luck.

http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
http://www.sandiegorealestatetoday.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
We certainly don't mind answering your questions, however, before you ever put down any money on a MH in a rent/lease park/community you will need to get accepted by the park management at which time they will disclose the space rent, utilities, all related fees and costs and disclose the rule and regulations. 

Unfortunately, if you're in an area with no rent control you're at the mercy of your landord. Just bear in mind that the higher the rent goes the lower the value of your home unless you're in a very prime location i.e. beach community, lake, waterfront, golf course or a city that's very popular and that folks love to live in.

There are some other things you need to know about purchasing a manufactured home as well. You need to have the home thoroughly inspected by an experienced Manufactured Home inspector and not just any home inspector.

There are several nuances about manufactured homes that an inexperienced MH inspector doesn't even know to addresss. 

Make sure they check the understructure (crawl space area) to see what kind of condition all the piers and pads are in and if the home is level.

They also need to check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier (membrane seperating the ground from the floor and holding the insulation in place. 

They also need to look for any signs of drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, gaping cracks in the soil, etc.

Many parks/communities were built in flood plains and have an inherent problem with drainage issues which can lead to instability of the piers and pads and mold issues. 

Finally make sure that the home has a Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) approved Earthquake Resistant Bracing System (ERBS) in place as that area is in a zone 4 seismic area and manufacture homes are extremely vulnerable to earthquakes. 

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Even though we do not service your area we would be more than happy to help you at no cost. We have been in the manufactured home business for almost 30 years and are a licensed general and manufactured home contractor, manufactured home dealer and developer and a real estate broker.