Home Buying in Granger>Question Details

Kal, Home Buyer in Granger, IN

I am buying a house in Granger, sold my house, have cash,no debt.How do i use this to my advantage on the buy?

Asked by Kal, Granger, IN Sat Apr 19, 2008

Answers

2
Jody Jones’ answer
Kal,

Most sellers today are willing to talk price and terms. You are in the drivers seat, since you can offer a quick closing and no hassles with financing. The only potential problem may be that although folks say they want to sell their homes, when it comes to drastically reducing the prices, it doesn't always happen and that I believe is true in Granger, from what I am hearing and seeing from others who are looking there. I have 3 contracts that went pending in Jan/Feb and in all of them the range of price drops was between $4,000 and $8,000. Nice, but not huge. To my buyers it was enough, but everyone has their own internal "enough" and each person has to figure that out before you start shopping!

Jody Jones
Hi Kal! I work in the Granger, Indiana market and if you have cash to work with and no need for financing, you'll be able to offer the seller a quick closing free from the headaches of traditional financing. This means you're in the strongest possible buying position right now and you should be able to obtain the best purchase price and terms for your situation. With the right agent representing you as a buyer, you should be able to find the homes where sellers are willing to reduce price for a quick sale.