Home Buying in Wallkill>Question Details

Lauren, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I am buying a home with no survey.

Asked by Lauren, New York, NY Sat Aug 1, 2009

I am buying a home and the seller doesn't have a survey. He wants me to pay for it. Isn't it the sellers responsibility to provide new owners with a survey? And do I really need one.

Answers

3
Lauren ..........unfortunately many sellers misplace their surveys. it is very common for them not to have a copy. The title company (yes, at your expense) will order a new survey for the home, and yes, you need one.

Since you can't see the survey at this time, just make sure there are no encroachments or easments on the property. Your realtor should be able to have those questions answered for you.

Best wishes with your purchase!
Debbie Rose
Pprudential NJ Properties.
YES you need a survey determine your property lines, title company orders this on your behalf.

This items you want your own representation inspectors, appraisers, survey, and etc. people who represent you not the seller.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
There is a system in place the is intended to protect the rights of all parties involved in a transaction. This includes, a title search, home inspection, pest inspection, WDO inspection, home warranty, well inspection, septic inspection, survey, etc.

What benefit would be served by electing not to protect your interests? Our recommendation is to be as informed as possible...knowing clearly what you are getting yourself into.....