Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Jcraw551, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

I am buying a condo at delaire landing in Philadelphia, Pa. My question is should i buy flood insurance for this condominium?

Asked by Jcraw551, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jul 31, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi J,

If your condo is within the flood plain, you will be required by your mortgage lender to purchase flood insurance.

If you are not required but feel you may need it, why don't you go to the management office and ask if they have records on history of flooded units in the past. If your unit is in a bulding that has been known to flood, you may want to purchase additional coverage.

Good Luck at Delaire Landing.

All the best,
Larry Lichtman CNE
REALTOR, Property Manager
CELL: (267) 254-7994
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
I live in a similar building. The condo association provides coverage for FEMA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 7, 2012
Hello J,

I think Larry answered this question perfectly. Best of luck in your new condo.

Kind Regards,

Chad M. Blum
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
If you feel that you would be better off then a peace of mind is better then a few dollars extra a month...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
When you order homeowners insurance, they will advise if you NEED flood insurance. Any extra is up to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 31, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer