Home Buying in Miramar>Question Details

Andrew Muller, Real Estate Pro in City of Sunrise, FL

I am asking the agents here, what is your actual success rate to find a real life lead from this site?

Asked by Andrew Muller, City of Sunrise, FL Mon Mar 18, 2013

I am asking the agents here, what is your actual success rate to find a real life lead from this site? ( i.e. out of 100 responses you received and met how many real customers, and how many you actually did business with) would love to know if anyone had success generate business from the inquires.

Answers

9
It honestly is how you use those leads and converting them to deals. Like how others have said it won't happen right away but I use multiple sites and have great results. The more you put yourself out there the more customers you get. It is a numbers game. You can only get so much from Q&A and the more people who use it the less you get seen. Just using one tool to market yourself can get you some success but to be successful (And of course being successful is what ever you want it to be) some times paying for advertising is the way to go. If I get 100 leads a month and convert 5% to deal (5) then I say that is extremely worth it. Avg price at lets just say at $150,000 and closing that 5 times a month I think is well worth it. Even if you close 2 instead of 5 a month to my eyes it is still worth it because it really is not a lot of work contacting these leads. You just have to know which ones to forget and find the serious buyers.
I'm paying for leads. What I don't get is that members of the public "raised" their hands, so to speak, and I got the lead from Trulia, on a SPECIFIC property the person is interested in, and they do not respond to my phone call (as I get the lead, in real time) or within minutes and/or no respond to e-mails...are they just bored and passing time or...?? I just don't get it; I'm talking here of over 80% of leads!
Yes, I've had sucess with both buyers and renters from the site, but the rate of return is relatively low. Maybe 1/100 leads results in a deal. I've had my best results from the Q&A section.
I think so far the responses are different from area to area, and markets to markets. Alos it depends if you paying for leads or not. Myself i tried to use the pay leads and got leads but no appointments. The free leads are seem more legit, but leads are just leads and it is hard to convert them to clients. I think also the market we in this days, dictates what kind of leads we are getting.
Sometimes it is annoying to get a response for a question was asked by a buyer a year or so ago, and getting notified by a e-mail that someone responded.
Overall I appreciate your feedbacks.
I don't keep track, by percentage.... but I've been highly successful in obtaining leads, and transactions from Trulia.

I don't currently pay for any lead generation... just from my participation on Trulia voices. It didn't happen overnight, it took over a year for my first lead... but it's been very active since then.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
I'm in a smaller community, I have been using Trulia for about 5 months. I answer questions that pop up in my county and surrounding counties and I have gotten one lead from answering questions. I also got the $40/month plan for the last 3 months and gotten zero leads from the paid advertising. I'm not really willing to pay for the bigger package if the cheapest package doesn't work.
I called sales and I asked them to give me a discounted price for the bigger package for three months just to see if it works. I think that that's fair. They wouldn't budge. That tells me that there is no value in advertising on Trulia. Even if I got one lead from the upgraded package that would be worth it to me and I would probably be a life-long customer.
I don't keep track on paper, but would say about 10-15% establish ongoing contact with and 5 to 7% actual closings. But it does not happen overnight.
I only answer questions, don't pay for Trulia advertising. I have closed several deals from Trulia leads over the last several years.. I get a great deal of satisfaction when someone calls me because they like how I answer questions.
I have met several buyers through the site and have several under contract.. I've only been using Trulia a few months.

Tracy Hoyt